What's new

Jazz trade up from 30 to 28 and select Tony Bradley

What.. the.. heck, we still could've gotten him with the 30th pick. That 42th pick would've been nice to still have around. But I was right, Tony Bradley was surely Jazz bound which I said before the draft.

I don't especially like this move.
a) there were several other players on the board that I liked more
b) I think he would have lasted to 30, and I think the 42 had potential of getting a good player.

But I'll trust DL for now.

I don't especially like this move.
a) there were several other players on the board that I liked more
b) I think he would have lasted to 30, and I think the 42 had potential of getting a good player.

But I'll trust DL for now.

Gotta think the spurs wanted him. If that's true, and the Jazz like him enough to move up for him, I'm excited for the pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio likes Bradley as others in the 2017 thread have suggested - he's super old-school and fundamentally sound. Maybe DL doesn't like anyone potentially there at 42. No clue.

But overall, I still like what the Jazz did in the 1st rd. Now the long wait to 55th pick, although it might get traded. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio likes Bradley as others in the 2017 thread have suggested - he's super old-school and fundamentally sound. Maybe DL doesn't like anyone potentially there at 42. No clue.
More likely they have no interest in 4 rookies on the roster. And the draft and stash has not really ever worked out for the Jazz with the exception of AK and Maybe to a far lesser degree Neto.

We could of got him at 30. Don't get it.
Are you sure? Because apparently the Jazz were less sure. If they wanted him I have no problem with being aggressive and going to get him. What were we going to do with 4 picks? Not keeping them all so go get the guy you want.

What.. the.. heck, we still could've gotten him with the 30th pick. That 42th pick would've been nice to still have around. But I was right, Tony Bradley was surely Jazz bound which I said before the draft.

If you really like a guy, why risk it? It's not like the Jazz were really keen going into the year with 3 rookies.

Giving up that 42 pick also makes it near impossible for us to snatch Frank Jackson or Jordan Bell

Bradley isnt sexy, but the guy has the same length ratios as Rudy Gobert. He needs to work on his body to maximize his athletic ability, but the dude runs the floor well and hustles his *** off.

He can probably play Withey's role Day 1 and he wont get tossed around on the glass like Withey sometimes did.