What's new

JAZZ vs. Magic - Orlando Pro Summer League - 1pm et 7/6/10

UGLI baby

newjazzlogo.png

VS.

orlando-magic-logo.jpg

I'm pumped to see Gordon play again. Hopefully the offense will be run through him a little more today.

I'd like to see Gaines do a little more running of the offense, and a little less kamikazee moves towards the hoop.

I'm hoping that boom bitches can catch somewhere around 50% of the passes thrown his way.

Also looking forward to seeing if Augustine can have another good game, and if Jeremy Evans can put up the rare 0 pts, 0 reb, 0 ast, 0 stl, 0 blk, 0 TO, 0 FGA stat line.

Can't wait to watch at work...

I won't be looking for numbers out of our guys... Evans looks like he's strictly an athlete who can only be relied on to play good on ball defense, get blocks from the weakside, and perhaps a tip dunk here or there. Looks too thin to be a tough rebounder... Jury's still out on him - but if I had to guess right now I'd say he will not play a game in a Jazz uni this season.

I also hope to see Rice show an ability to get into the lane and make a smart pass. He can fill it up from the perimeter, but he had an awfully hard time penetrating against the Bobcats summer league guards yesterday which was alarming. Obviously I'm not relying on the summer league free agents to fill our roster, but it'd be nice to find a "diamond in the rough". It is essential that we can put a PG on the court who can get into the lane and create when Deron is taking a breather.

He had a miserable game yesterday, but I absolutely LOVED Ben McCauley when he was at NC State. He's playing with the Magic. Don't think there's a spot for him in the NBA, but he's a big kid who can shoot it and rebound. His best attribute is his passing ability. He's got a great feel. Keep your eyes peeled for him today.

Jazz vs. Orlando, 11 a.m. MST, 7/6, summer league game #2

Tip off its just a little over an hour away. I really want to see Hayward get the ball more. I want to see him score atleast 15 points. I hope Gaines decides to pass more and show that he can run an offense.

Being a NC fan saw McCauley a lot. Good college player. Like Augustine hard to recognize with all that hair. They both had crew cuts in college. After yesterdays game definitely have to remind yourself that Evans was the 55th pick. Lets hope he can contribute more today.

Dragicevic has a sore achilles--guess he is day to day. To bad for him could be a open roster spot to compete for.

Beantown

Hayward needs atleast 15 points today, so basically shoot more than 2 times.

Must cut his sorry but if this is not achieved ;)

Can't wait to watch at work...

I won't be looking for numbers out of our guys... Evans looks like he's strictly an athlete who can only be relied on to play good on ball defense, get blocks from the weakside, and perhaps a tip dunk here or there. Looks too thin to be a tough rebounder... Jury's still out on him - but if I had to guess right now I'd say he will not play a game in a Jazz uni this season.

I also hope to see Rice show an ability to get into the lane and make a smart pass. He can fill it up from the perimeter, but he had an awfully hard time penetrating against the Bobcats summer league guards yesterday which was alarming. Obviously I'm not relying on the summer league free agents to fill our roster, but it'd be nice to find a "diamond in the rough". It is essential that we can put a PG on the court who can get into the lane and create when Deron is taking a breather.

He had a miserable game yesterday, but I absolutely LOVED Ben McCauley when he was at NC State. He's playing with the Magic. Don't think there's a spot for him in the NBA, but he's a big kid who can shoot it and rebound. His best attribute is his passing ability. He's got a great feel. Keep your eyes peeled for him today.

Koufos playing some defense, too. Very active on the pick and roll defense. Bothered a shot.

Then came down and hit a 17 footer. Now on the line for two.

Koufos with ANOTHER hook shot in the lane. Jazz looking very impressive with this lineup.

Gaines, Jeffers, Hayward, Augustine, Koufos.