What's new

Jonas Valaciunas 2011/2012 European Highlight Mix

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBKPl6biP5M&feature=related

I think this guy will end up being the player Andris Biedrins should have been (Add in 80% shooting and a developing mid-range game Biedrins never dreamed of having). Don't know how good he will be his first year because his body still needs to mature to deal with the physicality in the NBA, but once he does, he can easily be a top 10 offensive and defensive center.

Also impressed by whoever in the Raptors organization did this video.

Enes Kanter became who I thought Jonas would kinda be (minus the shot blocking).

A defensive, struggling on offensive end (at start), center. Like when Jonas compares his came compared to Kanters game in this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CJ6xv3F-cY (6:45) what he describes as himself is Enes Kanter in NBA.

Like he says Enes Kanter has good post moves and is a scorer. He says he himself is defensive, tip ins, and rebounds.

In the NBA Enes so far isn't a scorer and does have good post moves(he has maybe one).
But Enes is defensive, rebounds, and does tip ins, exactly what Jonas is supposed to be good at!

Wouldn't it be wierd if Jonas turned out to be like his decription of Kanter in NBA! Like he is struggling on defense and is a scorer and has post moves of Pau Gasol?

Realistically though I think Jonas is gonna be Joakim Noah, maybe better.

I can see the Noah comparison. I just think he has more upside because his offensive game seems to be developing nicely (along with his English, I watched some of his recent interviews and he isn't nearly as limited in that one lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBKPl6biP5M&feature=related

I think this guy will end up being the player Andris Biedrins should have been (Add in 80% shooting and a developing mid-range game Biedrins never dreamed of having). Don't know how good he will be his first year because his body still needs to mature to deal with the physicality in the NBA, but once he does, he can easily be a top 10 offensive and defensive center.

Also impressed by whoever in the Raptors organization did this video.

Still slobbin' his tip. How cute.

I like his movement and aggression. It will be both a benefit and a detriment. I worked out his fouls/36 during the Eurobasket tournament, and his fouls/36 made DeMarcus Cousins look like LeBron James. I also see him having a much tougher time with NBA defenses: the pick & roll defense against him would make Al Jefferson look like Tyson Chandler. I also think Kurt Thomas would be the All Star MVP, so the only thing I take away from this is his good movement, aggression, length, speed (against horrendously slow players), not a lot of lift (which his length makes up for), good soft stroke, and a nice developing set of moves that he has had a few years to practice. He's to a level where I hope Kanter gets soon--not thinking and just playing at a fast level (Kanter does this on defense much more than on offense).

I like his movement and aggression. It will be both a benefit and a detriment. I worked out his fouls/36 during the Eurobasket tournament, and his fouls/36 made DeMarcus Cousins look like LeBron James. I also see him having a much tougher time with NBA defenses: the pick & roll defense against him would make Al Jefferson look like Tyson Chandler. I also think Kurt Thomas would be the All Star MVP, so the only thing I take away from this is his good movement, aggression, length, speed (against horrendously slow players), not a lot of lift (which his length makes up for), good soft stroke, and a nice developing set of moves that he has had a few years to practice. He's to a level where I hope Kanter gets soon--not thinking and just playing at a fast level (Kanter does this on defense much more than on offense).

Yeah, watching it made me think how much farther along Kanter could have been if he didn't take all that time off to come to America playing prep school ball and sitting out at UK for a year.