What's new

Kaep

Keefe

Surprised this hasn't gotten in its own thread yet.

I support his decision and find the backlash absolutely ludicrous.

hi-res-2354987ea17201d35abb95d0db2d7dcf_crop_north.jpg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

[FONT=&quot]Across NFL front offices, there are team officials who are not offended, and even embrace, the controversial position of Colin Kaepernick. They are out there. Statistically, they have to be. But they are keeping a low profile.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]They seem to be far outnumbered by the members of NFL front offices who despise him. Truly, truly hate him. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I don't want him anywhere near my team," one front office executive said. "He's a traitor."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A traitor?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He wasn't alone in the anger directed toward Kaepernick. In interviews with seven team executives, each said he didn't want Kaepernick on his team. This is far from scientific, but I believe this is likely the feeling among many front office executives. Not all. But many.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All seven estimated 90 to 95 percent of NFL front offices felt the same way they did. One executive said he hasn't seen this much collective dislike among front office members regarding a player since Rae Carruth. Remember Rae Carruth? He's still in prison for the [/FONT]plot to murder[FONT=&quot] his pregnant girlfriend.[/FONT]

Made a semi-respectable OP for you, OP

My only problem with it (and maybe I just haven't heard that he has) is that he has zero solutions to the problem. Everyone knows about the problem. Come up with some solutions.

My only problem with it (and maybe I just haven't heard that he has) is that he has zero solutions to the problem. Everyone knows about the problem. Come up with some solutions.

Clearly, people don't know about the problem if there is this much backlash.

Also, I'm not sure Americans realize this, but your obsession with your flag, anthem, and all other symbols is pathological. I drove through Montana a month ago with two friends who live in Croatia and Italy respectively, and they had a hard time believing me that it wasn't some sort of a national holiday because so many houses had flag in front of them. They were also trying to figure out who exactly these people were showing their flags off to? Their neighbours who also have a flag on their porch?

How dare he not stand up when he hears the national song! It's a betrayal of all the values that Americans hold dear. Like hive-mind collectivism and love of songs.

He feels he needs to take a stand? OK, he has the right.

I don't really like the way he chose to express his views, but so what? I don't have to like it. He doesn't need my permission or support.

There is a real issue there but I feel there are better ways to address it. But the beauty of America is that we all get to have our own voices and get to choose when and how to use them. I support him using his voice the way he saw fit. Even if I didn't like how he chose to say it.

Edit: The backlash is dramatically over done and is becoming comical.

Clearly, people don't know about the problem if there is this much backlash.

Also, I'm not sure Americans realize this, but your obsession with your flag, anthem, and all other symbols is pathological. I drove through Montana a month ago with two friends who live in Croatia and Italy respectively, and they had a hard time believing me that it wasn't some sort of a national holiday because so many houses had flag in front of them. They were also trying to figure out who exactly these people were showing their flags off to? Their neighbours who also have a flag on their porch?

Fwiw, I live in Montana. Not that many places have flags in front of their houses. Not sure there's a problem with people showing one either. Carry on with your propaganda tho.

Exactly. He flat out said he doesn't know what needs to be done, or what a solution looks like. He wants to talk about oppression, and he goes out wearing a Castro shirt? That's just stupid.

Fwiw, I live in Montana. Not that many places have flags in front of their houses. Not sure there's a problem with people showing one either. Carry on with your propaganda tho.

Is he talking about those little flags people occasionally have on their porches? I don't think I've ever seen anyone flying an American flag in front of their house.

I'm fine with him doing it, that's his right.
However,you have to be ready to deal with the consequences of your actions, good or bad.
I've heard he was on his way out anyway, this was kind of his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame, eh?

Tweets I've seen:

Things you can do in the NFL & not lose fans:
*rape
*homicide
*assault
*domestic violence
*drugs

Things you can't do:
*sit down

____

White people: "Black people should protest peacefully!"
*Black person sits quietly during national anthem*
White people: "No not like that."

Last edited:
I can't take Kaep seriously, dudes protest is based on oppression (which I'm on his side on) than the next day wears a shirt with Fidel Castro lol

I can't take Kaep seriously, dudes protest is based on oppression (which I'm on his side on) than the next day wears a shirt with Fidel Castro lol

lol indeed. It's like he's trying to discredit himself.