What's new

Kobe Bryant 2014 NBA MVP watch thread.....

Kobe has no athleticism right now. He can't guard anyone, was basically playing zone out there. His reactions are very slow, though I suspect he will improve in that area. And he was basically moving at half-speed the whole time, which accounts for his 8 turnovers -- that's right, 8 turnovers, and it wasn't bad passes just very slow reactions. Because of his experience and b-ball IQ, he probably would be an ok player, but not even starter material based on his showing last night. He definitely will not be the Kobe of old, and top 25 player is over-the-top optimistic. I doubt he will be a top-100 player.

Kobe has no athleticism right now. He can't guard anyone, was basically playing zone out there. His reactions are very slow, though I suspect he will improve in that area. And he was basically moving at half-speed the whole time, which accounts for his 8 turnovers -- that's right, 8 turnovers, and it wasn't bad passes just very slow reactions. Because of his experience and b-ball IQ, he probably would be an ok player, but not even starter material based on his showing last night. He definitely will not be the Kobe of old, and top 25 player is over-the-top optimistic. I doubt he will be a top-100 player.

So you have a player who returns from a horrible injuy especially at age 35/36 or whatever he is nowadays.
You think you've seen enough to judge him after 20 min of gametime?
he himself admitted that he'd grade himself F for that performance and he basically lost the game alone.

Oh boi Kobe's gonna teach you a lesson...

Lol, it's only one game.
Everyone here judges somebody off one game. You don't get rust off the drain with one swab of an SOS pad. Give him a few games.

Man, Richard Jefferson got more bounce than Kobe now. Those Achilles tears can destroy a career.

Yeah, we'll see how much bounce he ultimately gets back, but Kobe is definitely approaching Washington Wizards' era Michael Jordan. I do like to see these formerly super athletic guys adjust their games to their new physical realities though. It's kind of fun to watch.

Kobe has won his last championship, his last MVP and his last scoring title. He will NEVER catch Malone on the career points scored total....and for all practical purposes is now the most overpaid player in todays NBA!