What's new

Kobe's last game against the Jazz. Outcome? (April 13th game thread)

Lakers_Slapper

It's no secret that Kobe is going to go all out on the last game of his career. The Lakers have nothing to lose. The one game that they care about winning this year is Kobe's last game which happens to be against Utah. The Jazz are obviously a much better team than the Lakers. However Kobe has had some of his biggest daggers released while playing the Jazz and his intent for this game will be no different. This is a game that very well could decide the Jazz's hopes for the playoffs. I personally thing that the Jazz will destroy the Lakers, but I can not count out the possibilities of the unknown. Kobe seems to be a completely different player when playing the Jazz. I think the Jazz need to focus on running the ball and not put too much emphasis on Kobe. He is not of the age that he could carry his team through to beat the Jazz like he did in his twilight days. What are your takes on the last Jazz game of the year/Kobe last game of his career?

I'd be more worried about his teammates going all out than him. We should hope he tries to put up a classic kobe performance, because I don't think he can be successful against our defense and it will only hurt them as a team.

Have the jazz ever swept the lakers in a regular season before?

I'd be more worried about his teammates going all out than him. We should hope he tries to put up a classic kobe performance, because I don't think he can be successful against our defense and it will only hurt them as a team.

Have the jazz ever swept the lakers in a regular season before?

I would bet at least half the team secretly hates him.

Kobe could be playing for the lives of his family it wont matter. I bet my left nut this is a double digit win for the Jazz.

garbage game thread in every sense. mods pls close for good juju.

So Harden asked Kobe to beat the Jazz to help the Rockets into the playoffs. I wonder if this puts Kobe in a moral dilemma for the first time in his career. He wants to win every game, he wants to perform well for his last performance, but if the lakers beat the Jazz Kobe could be helping Dwight Howard.

Tough to call which way it will go.

It's no secret that Kobe is going to go all out on the last game of his career. The Lakers have nothing to lose. The one game that they care about winning this year is Kobe's last game which happens to be against Utah. The Jazz are obviously a much better team than the Lakers. However Kobe has had some of his biggest daggers released while playing the Jazz and his intent for this game will be no different. This is a game that very well could decide the Jazz's hopes for the playoffs. I personally thing that the Jazz will destroy the Lakers, but I can not count out the possibilities of the unknown. Kobe seems to be a completely different player when playing the Jazz. I think the Jazz need to focus on running the ball and not put too much emphasis on Kobe. He is not of the age that he could carry his team through to beat the Jazz like he did in his twilight days. What are your takes on the last Jazz game of the year/Kobe last game of his career?
I didn't want to say it, but it's bad luck to post a game thread for a game until it is the next game. Thanks for costing us the playoffs.

We should probably lose this game if it's clear Houston is going to win (we will know before tip-off). Losing this game could drop us to the 12th worst record. According to DX, the 12th pick is where Luwawu is currently projected.

#TheOneGameTank

We should probably lose this game if it's clear Houston is going to win (we will know before tip-off). Losing this game could drop us to the 12th worst record. According to DX, the 12th pick is where Luwawu is currently projected.

#TheOneGameTank

Yep, no reason to win if that's the case. Hell, I think Lakers might come out and put on a show anyway with Kobe's sunset march.

Just give me the 12th pick.

No question in my mind now that we lose this game. The whole world will be cheering on Kobe (including the Refs and NBA), we get blown out easily...

Since our playoff fate will most likely be decided before the tip off I think this last game will say a lot about our team. Even though the whole world will be rooting for Kobe I think our team can show a ton of pride by coming out and whooping on a terrible team. We are still far superior to this Lakers team minus Rudy and Derrick. I'll be disappointed if Houston clinches and we come up looking deflated and just succumb to the big moment for Kobe.

No question in my mind now that we lose this game. The whole world will be cheering on Kobe (including the Refs and NBA), we get blown out easily...

Now they will cook that game even more quietly! I hate to say this, but we are franchise of losers and unfortunates too.

Jazz beat them by 48 a couple weeks back. I think, with the Kobe hype, this would have been a tough win regardless of whether it was a must win. Kings are tanking on purpose, Gobert and Favors are injured, just go lose this one and put us all out of our misery.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app