What's new

KSLSports.com - Rudy Gobert: I Want My Children To Live In A World Where Everyone Is Treated As An Equal

T

Trevor Allen

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert recently decided that he will wear the word “Equality” on the back of his jersey when the NBA resumes on July 30.

Related Links

The Jazz held their first practice on Thursday since entering the Orlando bubble. He was asked why he picked equality for the word on the back of his jersey.

“Equality is a powerful word,” Gobert said. “I want my kids to live in a world where everyone is treated as an equal.”

"Equality is a powerful world. I want my kids to live in a world where everyone is treated equal."

@rudygobert27 on why he chose "Equality" for the back of his jersey.#TakeNote

— KSL Sports (@kslsports) July 9, 2020

Equality is one of 28 words or phrases that was approved by the NBA and the players’ association that players can wear for the remainder of the season.

NBA insider @ChrisBHaynes shares some of the social justice messages players will have on their jerseys throughout the NBA restart. pic.twitter.com/DHhm9rGa6e

— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) July 8, 2020

Gobert and the Jazz arrived in Orlando and entered the bubble on Tuesday and held their first practice about 36 hours after arrival. When they arrived, players had to be quarantined in their rooms until practice on Thursday while also getting tested for COVID-19.

“Staying in the room for 36 hours is not the best thing to do. But the NBA is doing a great job. Played some Call of Duty, read a little bit and slept,” Gobert said.

The Jazz will resume the 2019-20 season on Thursday, July 30 when they take on the New Orleans Pelicans at 4:30 p.m. MDT on TNT and AT&T SportsNet.

Full story from KSLSports.com...