1. Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com. Take a look around and report any issues in the SITE INFORMATION thread.

Kyle Lowry on the trading block

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by utahjazz107, Dec 27, 2012.

1. utahjazz107

utahjazz107 Active Member

May 20, 2011
    "Though he’s out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon. NBA.com"

Via Sam Smith

Definitely be an upgrade over Mo

[video=youtube;OC771YpcW1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC771YpcW1c[/video]

mellow likes this.
  2. bovice

bovice Active Member

Mar 24, 2012
    They will want to package Lowry with Bargnani, but I doubt any team would do that. I'm too lazy to tinker around with trade machine right now

mellow likes this.
  3. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Al's salary would about match.

Milsap, Marvin, and Bell for Lowry, Bargs, and Fields would be close.

I'm thinking Jazz need to act rather than wait. Already talk that Portland might move Aldridge and/Hickson. Market could be all used up if KOC waits it out again.

4. PrinceJL

PrinceJL Member

May 26, 2010
    Mo & Paul works financially. This will also mean that Jefferson won't be resigned after this season & Favors/Kanter needs to step up their game in the meanwhile!!

5. crater77

crater77 Active Member

May 27, 2010
    Sign me up! Although I want nothing to do with Bargs.

6. orangello

orangello Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Jefferson and Bargnani would be the worst defensive frontline of all time. We better get some ort of a pick back.

7. CitizenofCapua

CitizenofCapua Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
  8. MVP

MVP Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011

ROFL. There is a reason Raptors win more without him. Bargnani is the one to blame as well, but Lowry is just as bad "hero" ball chucker/stat padding player who does not help his team win. Him and Big Al chucking would make this board explode with hate.

9. utahjazz107

May 20, 2011
    Not many other options especially with the deadline close...he's definitely a better rebounder and passer than Mo

10. MVP

MVP Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    If it is not going to result in more wins, so why bother? He is bad in pick and roll, terrible defender and likes to freestyle on both sides of the court instead of playing within structured offense or defense. Does it look like player who would do well with the Jazz?

mellow likes this.
  11. crater77

crater77 Active Member

May 27, 2010
    Sounds almost exactly like how we play lately.

12. utahjazz107

May 20, 2011
    How much better is Mo Williams at defensive? He was often cross-matched with Eric Bledsoe, which provided some relief, but he's not much better at guarding 1s than he is at checking 2s. He lacks speed against quicker guards. Lowry had a bad defensive season but if you look at past seasons, Hollinger actually rates him as one of the best defensive PG's.

"Normally among the best defensive point guards in basketball, Lowry's defensive metrics were pretty ho-hum last season." - Hollinger

Not saying he improved this year but there could be a lot of factors including the type of defense the Raptors run that could contribute to his poor defensive season

13. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    have to agree with AK.

14. MVP

MVP Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    We should get Calderon - he sucks on defense as well, but at least he knows how to pass and run offense. Unfortunately Raptors probably unerstood that as well and I doubt they will trade him now.
    It is really sad reality that there is just no true pass first PG's available anymore. Paul, Rondo, Nash, Calderon, maybe Lin? Who else?

15. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    You don't see that alot around here. :)

AK is right they suck. But everybody's poop stinks, do you think Toronto fans would be dancing in the streets to get a 5 month Big Al rental? No.

The Jazz's reality is 1-wait it out till July with this group and sign a free agent (how has that worked out lately?) or 2-take on somebody elses garbage. I'm still betting on #1.

16. NUMBERICA

NUMBERICA Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    But I thought Calderon was available to everyone in the league?

17. NUMBERICA

NUMBERICA Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    The Jazz's situation is so bad at the position that I would look at this. But only if Al is gone in the process. Otherwise, this is a non-starter.

18. Twin Towers

Twin Towers Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    He gets to the free throw line a lot. Which I know Dennis Lindsey Loves when looking at stats.
    But his shooting percentages are not good. from the 3 or the field. He is also injury prone. I don't think Lindsey will do this trade.

It would need to be a 3 team trade. I don't like Lowry. Would I trade Jefferson for him? Yes but I would hope Lowry is a last option kind of thing.

19. NCJazz

NCJazz Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Seems like when he goes down with an injury his team gets better. Rockets got better when Dragic got the full time job and Raptors got better when Calderon got back to the starter. Not sure Lowry would be the man for us.

20. Weezur

Weezur Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Lowry just isn't leadership material. I think that's what Jazz want in a PG...I mean we got Tinsley, Watson, and Mo and they're more leaders than they are players.