What's new

Kyrie Irving

jjscap

Kyrie will almost certainly leave BOS this offseason.
He's also too exhausted of the spotlight and might consider signing for a competitive small market team that will become contenders with his arrival.

“I didn’t really come into this game to be cameras in my face, you know, be famous, be a celebrity, whatever embodies that, so it’s a little hard for me....

I just want to play basketball at a very, very high level and the distractions that come within the team sometimes can get overwhelming so, I’m human...

...Media bombardment makes players very unhappy. Very unhappy”

We should take advantage of the situation offering
  • the lack of media coverage in Utah
  • competitive and coherent squad that enjoys playing together
  • league's best defender to cover his defensive lapses

and create the best Utah Jazz team since Stockton to Malone.

Kyrie - Mitchell - Ingles - DFav - Gobert

He's also too exhausted of the spotlight and might consider signing for a competitive small market team that will become contenders with his arrival.

Hell no. He’s not a fit. He’d diminish all three of our best players and team ball as he likes to dribble that ball around like its his security blanket.

How do you keep favors while also getting Kyrie?

How do you keep favors while also getting Kyrie?
Easy. Mitchell making only $3 helps a lot.
Mitchell 3, Gobert 24, Dfav 16, Ingles 11 = 54

Also Utah deliberately overpaid Favors to have a short flexible deal with team option.
I'm positive if they want to extend him this off-season he will be fine with 52/4 years.

This is a tough one. Not that it’s going to happen anyway. Part of me - my brain - wants nothing to do with him, but part of me - my heart - thinks that just maybe... it could work. And it would be glorious.
Irving
DM
Ingles
Favors
Rudy

Championship contenders.

Nope for two reasons:

#1 - he would never come here

#2 - he's an injury prone, overpaid, overrated, shoot first diva who plays poor defense

By his own wording Utah would be perfect for him. Never will happen but he'd have all the privacy he could want and have a coach who would put him in position to play "high level basketball".

By his own wording Utah would be perfect for him. Never will happen but he'd have all the privacy he could want and have a coach who would put him in position to play "high level basketball".

Not sure about 'never happen' anymore. PG13 chose OKC too and look how it worked out.
Kyrie is a strange dude. He can make a strange choice this offseason joining Utah instead of New York to run away from clowns.

He's not a diva by the way. He says strange stuff all the time, yes but it's not his fault that he kept finding himself in chaotic circumstances.

He played for CLE and BOS. None of these was his choices. CLE is a terrible club. BOS has the most stupid fans and media.
He'll make his first real choice this offseason.

Headcases don't win titles. Dude is legit.
No, he wasn't a head case until he won the titles. Now he's convinced his farts cure climate change and his **** is made of gold. Turned from an intense dude to full-on psycho. In Boston on less than 3 months turned from consummate pro and team guy to locker-room cancer and brooding nut-job.

No thank you.

No, he wasn't a head case until he won the titles. Now he's convinced his farts cure climate change and his **** is made of gold. Turned from an intense dude to full-on psycho. In Boston on less than 3 months turned from consummate pro and team guy to locker-room cancer and brooding nut-job.

No thank you.

Finally some sense!

If you're gonna dream, make it about Kevin Durant or Kawhi Leonard. Everyone on the team seems so happy to be here. Imagine dropping Kyrie "Flat Earth" Irving into their lives.