What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

prodigy

It could be as simple as Bogey and Conley for Westbrick+picks(hopefully a LOT of picks)

Hearsky

We are not going to flip Westbrook we are going to buy him out.

Bogey is all but guaranteed to be included. Likely Beasley and maybe Clarkson as well.
I'm not sure I understand the logic of buying him out now. I mean, if his salary is going to count against the cap anyway, why not John Wall him home and see if a team that thought they were going to be better than they are wants to flip a pick and player for salary cap room next FA season.

Coach Ellis

I'm not sure I understand the logic of buying him out now. I mean, if his salary is going to count against the cap anyway, why not John Wall him home and see if a team that thought they were going to be better than they are wants to flip a pick and player for salary cap room next FA season.
At this point, I’m down for whatever DA wants to do. I’m never going to question him again. The guy has carte blanche as far as I’m concerned.

Coach Ellis

We are 1.7M under the luxury tax.

The deal is probably Bogey/Beasley/Clarkson for Westbrook plus picks. That shaves 1.3M off of our salary and puts us at 15 players.
Good point to consider. Hopefully they can get a few million back in a buyout of Westbrook for some breathing room too.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
We are 1.7M under the luxury tax.

The deal is probably Bogey/Beasley/Clarkson for Westbrook plus picks. That shaves 1.3M off of our salary and puts us at 15 players.

The more I think about it the more I’m fairly certain this will be the exact deal.

We likely go into the season with Conley. He’s a good vet to have around the young guys and good for the culture. Maybe we find a taker at the trade deadline who attaches bad salary with a pick. At the very worst he’s a nice expiring contract next year or we can cut ties as his contract is only 14.3M guaranteed.