What's new

Lakers Trade Idea

LoPo

I'm not necessarily a fan of this deal, but I'm just seeing who might be:

Burks, JoeJ and Favors
for
Randle, Jordan Clarkson and Deng

LA does it to dump Deng and they realize they might lose Randle for nothing (see below). They probably want to keep Clarkson, but losing him is price for dumping Deng.

Utah might do it to keep as much intact as possible while adding pieces. Clarkson is only 25 and has become a really good player. He can score which is what we desperately need. We can venture into the financial abyss to keep Exum, Hood and Randle while also adding Clarkson. It would mean 1 year of luxury tax then Rubio, Thabo and Jerekbo leave in 2019. Then Deng leaves the year after that in 2020.
In 2019 -

PG Clarkson and Exum
SG Mitchell
SF Hood, Ingles
PF Randle, Deng's last year
C Gobert, Bradley
2018 1st rounder

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-julius-randle-unlikely-to-stick-with-lakers-long-term/

Thoughts?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I already proposed something similar. Cy will hate it because it has Randle who can't get playing time on an awful team.

If you take on both Deng and Clarkson you had better get either kuzma or Ingram.

I wouldn't hate it if Kuzma or Ingram is added. Probably Ingram because kuzma is doing now what the hope Ingram will one day do.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why are you still obsessed with taking on bad contracts for mediocre players? Randle isn't a better fit than Favors and Clarkson can't handle PG duties even with Ingles and Mitchell. This doesn't solve any problems and leaves us stuck with Deng.

Absolutely not. Randle is a dinosaur, Clarkson isn't that good.

Pull the trigger on taking back Deng if it includes Kuzma or Ingram, hang up the phone on anything less.

Haven't you proposed this in like 15 different threads over the last two months?

Joe's locker room presence for this season alone is worth more to me than a couple of mediocre players that shouldn't be starting or finishing NBA games.

I also agree that I want Ingram or Kuzma for Deng. I just thought it was an interesting offer. Like I said at top, not a fan of this deal. Makes us better, but at a big cost.

Not to mention the Lakers wouldn't want Burks because he has a salary next season. The Lakers want to free up space

Just to echo this, the whole reason they're trading Deng is to have less salary heading into next offseason. You somehow found a way to make it work for neither team which is almost impressive.

Also the jazz would take back 37 million in salary next year. Both Deng and Clarkson have 2 more years left after this year.

As for the Lakers they could offer 3 good sized contracts next summer after this move.

They could really put together a competitive team.

Just to echo this, the whole reason they're trading Deng is to have less salary heading into next offseason. You somehow found a way to make it work for neither team which is almost impressive.
LA would shave Deng and a couple million on Clarkson (Burks makes slightly less). That's $20 million in savings. C'mon man. Stop trolling.

Yes it does. Randle is better than Favors and Clarkson is miles better than Burks. Deng is on defense what JoeJ is on offense. You're just being stubborn now.

Deng can't get off the bench on a bad team. Randle has many of the same limitations as Gobert but isn't a legit C or good at defense. None of these players fill areas of any need.

Deng can't get off the bench on a bad team. Randle has many of the same limitations as Gobert but isn't a legit C or good at defense. None of these players fill areas of any need.
Deng doesnt play because of Randle AND Kuzma. JoeJ wouldn't play if we had those 2.

Randle averages 13, 6 and 2 in 19mpg. He is better than Favors.

Clarkson is a really good player. One of the best 6th men in the NBA. He shoots 40% from 3 and scores 16ppg.

C'mon now

Yes it does. Randle is better than Favors and Clarkson is miles better than Burks. Deng is on defense what JoeJ is on offense. You're just being stubborn now.

LOL Randle is not better than Favors, and Clarkson may be better than Burks but Joe is a better fit for the Jazz than Deng.

That trade is horrible. If

If your taking on Deng's contract then you better get an unprotected pick(which the Lakers don't have) or Ingram/Kuzma.