What's new

Larry Sanders

The Thriller

Why hasn't there been much talk about this prospect?

IMO he's just as good if not a better prospect than Davis, Aldrich, Udoh, or Whiteside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0t3iKQCkzY

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/larry-sanders
https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Larry-Sanders-5148/

Overall: Sanders is a rare big man who has length, athleticism, hops and quickness ... The only thing he's missing is a diverse skillset ... He has improved in virtually every aspect of the game since his freshman year, which is a good sign moving forward ...With some specialized coaching, and a few years developing behind veteran players and coaches, Sanders could find a consistent role on a team looking to become more athletic up front ... In a draft with not many surefire contributors, GMs will be looking to take a chance on Sanders in the late first round with the intention of developing him further his first few years ...

So what if he struggles offensively? We have plenty of offense. What we need is some length, athleticism, and shotblocking down low.

I've talked about him in every post of trading down. If we don't trade up and get Cousins I hope we trade down get a wing like aminu if falls, or George/Henry/Babitt/Anderson and then get a guy like Sanders/Seraphin/Whiteside

Does any1 know what happened to ryan Richards???????

I know I will get ripped for this but what is the difference between Sanders and Favors? Both have potential(Favors has a lot more though) Sanders blocks more shots, looks longer than Favors, both have developing offensive games and both have freakish athleticism. They said only thing missing is diverse skill set- Do you really expect that from a mid to late first round pick and the Jazz can afford to develop him as long as he plays D. I really hope we buy an extra pick and get Sanders or Whiteside

Last edited:
Larry Sanders hasn't been funny for 10 years. He was okay in Iron Man 2 though.

Seriously, I could see the Jazz taking George/Babbit/Henry with their first pick and going after Sanders/Brackins/Whiteside later in the first round if they can get back in the draft.

Last edited:
Larry Sanders hasn't been funny for 10 years.

Seriously, I could see the Jazz taking George/Babbit/Henry with their first pick and going after Sanders/Brackins/Whiteside later in the first round.

But the Jazz don't a later first round pick as of right now, right?

Everyone just assumes that we're going to get another 1st round pick. Perhaps we truly don't have the assets to move down. Perhaps people understand that the #9 pick isn't all that desirable this year.

I would love for this kind of draft to occur, we pick up George/Bab/Hen and then a big man in the later first round. However, the Jazz don't have another pick as of right now.

Why hasn't there been much talk about this prospect?

IMO he's just as good if not a better prospect than Davis, Aldrich, Udoh, or Whiteside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0t3iKQCkzY

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/larry-sanders
https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Larry-Sanders-5148/

So what if he struggles offensively? We have plenty of offense. What we need is some length, athleticism, and shotblocking down low.

I agree. He's definitely an underrated prospect.

Don't know how legit of a prospect he is (who does he project as, realistically?), but I've been saying he's incredibly comparable to Ed Davis, for what that's worth.

I wouldn't draft him with 9, though (either of them).

Andy Katz 9:01 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Golden State is leaning toward being the first team to upset the lottery if it selects Baylor’s Epke Udoh over Georgetown’s Greg Monroe at No. 6, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the selection told ESPN.com Wednesday night.

The Warriors are seriously considering selecting Udoh at No. 6, which would be the highest he has been listed on draft boards if the projected top five goes as expected with John Wall (Washington), Evan Turner (Philadelphia), Wesley Johnson (New Jersey), Derrick Favors (Minnesota) and DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento) in the first five spots.

According to sources the Warriors are intrigued with Udoh’s ability to be a game-changer more so than Monroe, especially on the defensive end.

If Udoh does go No. 6 and Detroit goes with North Carolina’s Ed Davis, which is what those close to Davis and the league expect, then the Los Angeles Clippers would have a tough decision at No. 8. According to a source close to the situation, the Clippers would have a hard time deciding between Monroe or Wake Forest’s Al-Farouq Aminu. If the Clippers go with Aminu then Monroe becomes the first slider in the lottery, likely landing at No. 9 Utah unless Detroit changes direction and goes with Monroe over Davis.

Meanwhile, multiple sources say Oklahoma City isn’t done trying to make moves after getting the No. 18 pick and Daequon Cook from Miami earlier Wednesday. Sources said Indiana continues to be a possible destination for a trade. The Pacers’ No. 10 has been on the market if the Pacers can land a point guard in a deal. Indiana had looked long at Udoh at No. 10 if the Pacers kept the pick. If the Warriors go with Udoh at No. 6 then the Pacers might be more apt to deal.

Larry Sanders hasn't been funny for 10 years. He was okay in Iron Man 2 though.

Seriously, I could see the Jazz taking George/Babbit/Henry with their first pick and going after Sanders/Brackins/Whiteside later in the first round if they can get back in the draft.

I would be extremely happy if the Jazz were able to do this. I am a big fan of both Sanders and Brackins. I would take a flyer on Whiteside but I have questions about the "it" factor with this kid. I think Sanders has a mental toughness to his game. Another guy I like in the second round is Dexter Pittman. I think he will be a steal.

But the Jazz don't a later first round pick as of right now, right?

Everyone just assumes that we're going to get another 1st round pick. Perhaps we truly don't have the assets to move down. Perhaps people understand that the #9 pick isn't all that desirable this year.

I would love for this kind of draft to occur, we pick up George/Bab/Hen and then a big man in the later first round. However, the Jazz don't have another pick as of right now.

OKC did without giving up anything. Why can't the Jazz?

Don't know how legit of a prospect he is (who does he project as, realistically?), but I've been saying he's incredibly comparable to Ed Davis, for what that's worth.

I wouldn't draft him with 9, though (either of them).

This is my main problem with the #9 pick, if at all possible, lets unload it to try and get multiple first round picks. It appears we can get essentially the same player @ 19 as @ 9.

This is my main problem with the #9 pick, if at all possible, lets unload it to try and get multiple first round picks. It appears we can get essentially the same player @ 19 as @ 9.

I think every GM knows that the players are basically the same value 7-14. We'd have to BUY a later pick. It would cost around $3M. But that's cheap if you amortize it. You get a young player and you'll pay him $5-6M million for 3 years. Add the $3M on top of that. So that's around $2.5-$3M over the life of the contract. In most drafts, maybe that's too much if, say, a Morris Almond is the best available talent. But in this draft, there are some very good prospects all the way down through the top 25, maybe even through the early 2nd.

If I were Greg Miller, I'd much rather shell out $3M up front to buy a prospect like Sanders, Brackins or even Dominique Jones, rather than re-sign Korver for $4M-$5M.

Andy Katz 9:01 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Golden State is leaning toward being the first team to upset the lottery if it selects Baylor’s Epke Udoh over Georgetown’s Greg Monroe at No. 6, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the selection told ESPN.com Wednesday night.

The Warriors are seriously considering selecting Udoh at No. 6, which would be the highest he has been listed on draft boards if the projected top five goes as expected with John Wall (Washington), Evan Turner (Philadelphia), Wesley Johnson (New Jersey), Derrick Favors (Minnesota) and DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento) in the first five spots.

According to sources the Warriors are intrigued with Udoh’s ability to be a game-changer more so than Monroe, especially on the defensive end.

If Udoh does go No. 6 and Detroit goes with North Carolina’s Ed Davis, which is what those close to Davis and the league expect, then the Los Angeles Clippers would have a tough decision at No. 8. According to a source close to the situation, the Clippers would have a hard time deciding between Monroe or Wake Forest’s Al-Farouq Aminu. If the Clippers go with Aminu then Monroe becomes the first slider in the lottery, likely landing at No. 9 Utah unless Detroit changes direction and goes with Monroe over Davis.

Meanwhile, multiple sources say Oklahoma City isn’t done trying to make moves after getting the No. 18 pick and Daequon Cook from Miami earlier Wednesday. Sources said Indiana continues to be a possible destination for a trade. The Pacers’ No. 10 has been on the market if the Pacers can land a point guard in a deal. Indiana had looked long at Udoh at No. 10 if the Pacers kept the pick. If the Warriors go with Udoh at No. 6 then the Pacers might be more apt to deal.
If Monroe fell to 9, I'd draft him if only to try to trade him and some other pieces to Sacramento for Cousins and some other pieces.

But after bitching quite a bit about Monroe, at 9, he's probably a pretty good pick.

When Tuff Gatinho starts discussing a prospect, that's all I need to know that said prospect will suck.