What's new

Least Distinguished Careers in NBA History

Jannero Pargo...

completely forgot about him
didn't he have a brother (twin?) Jeremy or something like that
(too lazy to google...)

Pretty sure Trey Burke will probably be on that list soon...

That's a good call - his career W/S is 10.2 - and was less than one this past season. This would put him close to the high end of this list.

He just hasn't played long enough to fit their calculations. If he hangs around another 2 or 3 years as a fringe player, he might make it.

As for the list, I realize where they're trying to go with this - but there is A LOT to be said for perseverance when comes to the NBA.

And where is the ultimate tank commander John Lucas III?

JL3's win share was too far negative to compute

I was thinking Jazz Killer Calvin Booth

Someone with a Utah connection - Michael Doleac had a rather long unremarkable NBA career.

Greg Foster’s throat slash was excellent.

“...Greg Foster hasn't earned the right to be anything in this league," Harris said later in even tones. "He's lucky that he's just been able to stick with a team.

"He has not got the right to taunt anybody. Wait until he's done something in this league."

Added O'Neal: "He's a bum. He's just hiding behind [Jeff] Hornacek, [John] Stockton. He's a bum, period."

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1998-mar-29-sp-33996-story.html

Jannero Pargo...

completely forgot about him
didn't he have a brother (twin?) Jeremy or something like that
(too lazy to google...)

Jannero was actually playing in the G-league at like 38 or 39 years old last year I think.

Jeremy plays for Meccabi Tel Aviv.

The whole concept of this thing is flawed tho... the least distinguished players in the NBA obviously dont last 3 seasons.....

Where is Yinka Dare?? He played in 4 seasons, how could he not possibly be at the very top of this list??

Hasheem Thabeet isn't in the top 20???? wtf am i missing here??

Last edited:
Jarron Collins would top my list of former Jazz players with long and undistinguished careers.

When I think of the career of Ronnie Price or Greg Foster I remember exciting moments (Foster's throat slash was legendary and Ronnie's dunk on Boozer was epic), but I can't remember a single exciting/entertaining moment from Collins.

Added O'Neal: "He's a bum. He's just hiding behind [Jeff] Hornacek, [John] Stockton. He's a bum, period."
That’s funny, especially considering that when Foster later ended up on the Lakers, Shaq broke his foot in practice by stepping on him.

That’s funny, especially considering that when Foster later ended up on the Lakers, Shaq broke his foot in practice by stepping on him.

I remember him being one of those guys that after leaving had a strange bitterness against the jazz. He was with the Sonics in 2000 when we played them in the playoffs. Also Howard Eisley on the Mavs when they beat us in 2001. Those two guys probably would have played backup rolls on crappy teams or had limited careers if it wasn't for Sloan and the jazz. But what do I know, maybe it was hard to enjoy the winning playing for Sloan.

Trey Burke has chucked up some decent performances as a "I need to prove I belong in the NBA" with the Knicks that I feel he shouldn't be on this list.

Jarron Collins should be on this list, don't know what he did to deserve 200 games started with the Jazz.