What's new

'Let's go do something special': Mike Conley Jr. is ready to start a new chapter with the Utah Jazz

Watcher

https://www.nba.com/jazz/news/lets-...jazz_natsocial_Twitter_conleyfeature_20190708

Sounds like a really great guy to have on the team.

“Utah, I’m looking forward to it,” he said. “Let’s go do something special.”

Conley has wasted little time getting started. He’s watched old game film to start looking at Jazz coach Quin Snyder’s schemes.

“I told him about certain plays that I hated guarding,” Conley said. “You know how Quin is, he got right into it and started going down the laundry list of plays. It’s going to be a thrill to be around a guy like that.”

At the NBA Awards, he met with Jazz center Rudy Gobert, and the two have also exchanged text messages over the past few weeks.

“He’s one of a few guys who can go up and get my floater,” Conley said. “I’m glad I won’t have to play against him anymore.”

He also spent two days in L.A. working out with Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell.

“I was just trying to keep up with him those couple of days,” Conley said with a laugh. “I was just getting into it, getting back on the court. He was running circles around me a little bit.”

Mitchell was eager to pick Conley’s brain, and the veteran had a few lessons to teach him during their two days together.

“Just being around him, seeing the demeanor that he carries, his athletic abilities, all those things are there,” Conley said. “His skill set can grow even more, and that’s the exciting part. He’s a young superstar who’s willing to learn.”

The whole article is pretty good.

Here's video of the introductory press-conference of Bojan and Conley:

The Jazz media department are seriously dropping the ball with their coverage of the team this summer. Complete and utter failure in covering the draft, couldn't even show the press-conference introducing the draft picks. Now the same with the presentation of the new additions of the off-season.

Here's video of the introductory press-conference of Bojan and Conley:

The Jazz media department are seriously dropping the ball with their coverage of the team this summer. Complete and utter failure in covering the draft, couldn't even show the press-conference introducing the draft picks. Now the same with the presentation of the new additions of the off-season.

I think DL passionately hates this stuff or at least he appears to hate it.