What's new

Like it or not...

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
...this is our team. The odds of any kind of game-changing move are very very long. This is it folks.

Discuss.

Exum, Bradley, Niang and two 2nds for Favors

Davis and Green for Crowder.

Think they’ll each fall within the 125%. First one’s close and I’m too lazy to run the math.

Conley-Mudiay
Mitchell-O’Neale
Bogdanovic-Ingles
Crowder
Gobert-Favors

The core nine. Favors, Royce and Ingles can play some four behind Jae.

Not sure how much I like that squad. We’d be deeper, that’s for sure. And Jae should be an upgrade over Green. But it’s still Jae.

DL spent all the money just so we can have a worse finish than last season.

This is the best record we've had through 26 games since Quin has been the coach and guys are still learning the system and how to play together. We're not going to finish worse than last season

I agree that no big move is coming. And it's probably the correct decision. Gobert/Mitchell/Bogdanovic/Conley/Ingles/Oneale is a core good enough to win it all if everything clicks right. What we need are a few small moves to fix the bench. Sand the rough edges. And I think it will happen. It's hard to believe that DL and Quin see our current bench dumpster fire and think it's fine. I mean I do worry that they don't see it because they haven't even tried shaking things up. But they see it, right? RIGHT?

I highly highly doubt we get Morris. I’m holding out hope of Exum for Crowder and filler. Or Exum and Davis for Favors.
Sigh.

Per the NBA CBA, you can't trade for a player you've traded away in the same season. We can't trade for Favors, or Crowder, until next season.

This is the best record we've had through 26 games since Quin has been the coach and guys are still learning the system and how to play together. We're not going to finish worse than last season
1, this is not the best record through 26 games under Quin. we were 16-10 in 2016-17 season.

2, our schedule to start the season were not as bad as the previous two. yes the east trip we just had was quite brutal but aside from that 10 games out of 26 were against non-playoff teams in Warriors, Grizz, Pels and T-wolves. and 4 games were against borderline playoff teams in Kings, suns and thunder. that is over half of games we played in which the jazz were favorite to win. even for those tough matchups against the lakers, clips, Bucks and sixers, we got to play them at home and really should be expected to win if we try not to finish worse than last year.

1, this is not the best record through 26 games under Quin. we were 16-10 in 2016-17 season.

2, our schedule to start the season were not as bad as the previous two. yes the east trip we just had was quite brutal but aside from that 10 games out of 26 were against non-playoff teams in Warriors, Grizz, Pels and T-wolves. and 4 games were against borderline playoff teams in Kings, suns and thunder. that is over half of games we played in which the jazz were favorite to win. even for those tough matchups against the lakers, clips, Bucks and sixers, we got to play them at home and really should be expected to win if we try not to finish worse than last year.

Not as bad? We have the toughest remaining schedule in the league. We’ve already played the Bucks twice, Sixers twice, Clippers twice, Lakers twice, Raptors and Pacers.

Not to be a Debbie-deepthroat but those teams didn't go throught a streak of 20-40 point deficits before the half.

Not as bad? We have the toughest remaining schedule in the league. We’ve already played the Bucks twice, Sixers twice, Clippers twice, Lakers twice, Raptors and Pacers.
what about denver dallas rockets heat or celtics? what's our record gonna be against them? and neither are we done with the Lakers, Clips, Raptors or the Pacers yet.

Not to be a Debbie-deepthroat but those teams didn't go throught a streak of 20-40 point deficits before the half.
gets blown out by 40 at the half with a completely healthy roster(Conley WAS playing and shot 7-11 in that game, to those "things gonna get better when Conley comes back/plays better" folks) against a Toronto team that just lost their best player in the summer and second best player injured.

what about denver dallas rockets heat or celtics? what's our record gonna be against them? and neither are we done with the Lakers, Clips, Raptors or the Pacers yet.

And other teams are? You’re ignoring the fact that we literally have the toughest remaining schedule in the league.