What's new

Lottery Standings

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
Well, that was an ugly game against New Orleans. Probably will be even worse vs. SA with the Spurs resting their starters and GS doing everything they can to lose. Gotta hope Clevelend drops at least 1 game and the winner of NJ/Toronto loses the coin flip with GS...or at least 1 team jumps ahead of the W's in the lottery drawing.

Please note the "Games Back" column below is in relation to Golden State's position, as that is the main topic here.

Lottery Standings - 4/25
TeamWLPctGB/
GSW
1Charlotte7570.109-15.5
2Washington18460.281-4.5
3New Orleans21440.323-2.0
4Sacramento21440.323-2.0
5Cleveland21430.328-1.5
6Toronto22430.338-1.0
7New Jersey22430.338-1.0
8Golden State23420.3540.0
9Detroit24410.3691.0
10Minnesota26390.4003.0
11Portland28370.4315.0
12Milwaukee31330.4848.5
13Houston33320.50810.0
14Phoenix33320.50810.0

Last edited:
Sacramento now eliminated, but Cleveland still has 2 games left and could tie Golden State. New Jersey and Toronto play each other...so good and bad. One team is eliminated, but one goes to 23 wins.

Now we just have to hope the Spurs rest their regulars for the final game and the W's accidentally win. It could be one of the worst games of the season.

Key games 4/25-4/26

Wednesday 4/25
Washington at
Cleveland

Thursday 4/26
San Antonio at Golden State
New Jersey at Toronto
Cleveland
at Chicago

Last edited:
Washington is a lot better with Nene as long as he wants to play there.

Sacramento is trying like hell to win games even though they have no idea how. They are actually fun since Cousins fired the coach.

Almost every WC team on that list is actively trying to lose already. Stern will of course make sure that NO gets the pick.

I am personally not worried about the GS pick as there are so many terrible teams in this reduced season and with such a strong draft SO many will be tanking. I also do not believe that even if the GS FO is tanking the coach and players will. With out their ball dominators on the court it's going to be Jackson in charge. Who knows, maybe he's a good coach?

Jazz need to do their part. They need to beat sactown tonight and on the 30th. The also have the chance of beating Portland 3 more time. The also need to beat nj and no when they play the. They also play gs again they could tank that game if needs be.

Portland will almost certainly fall below. They are tanking HARD right now, playing terrible ball and have zero chemistry.

For GS to stay at 8 or above, I think we need either Curry or Bogut to play at least a couple of games and have Klay Thompson continue to light it up.

confirmation please

I just wanted confirmation from an expert that it is the place GS finishes that determines if we get the pick, and not the actual pick itself. So for example, if GS finishes 8th and gets the third pick in the lottery, the Jazz still own the pick. Or, if GS finishes seventh, but a team below them gets one of the top 3 picks, bumping them down to 8th, GS keeps the pick.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

I just wanted confirmation from an expert that it is the place GS finishes that determines if we get the pick, and not the actual pick itself. So for example, if GS finishes 8th and gets the third pick in the lottery, the Jazz still own the pick. Or, if GS finishes seventh, but a team below them gets one of the top 3 picks, bumping them down to 8th, GS keeps the pick.

Is that correct?

Thanks.
Also, you have the second scenario backwards. The pick needs to be #8 or worse. So if they were to land in the #7 slot for the lottery drawing and a team jumped over them, Utah would get the pick.

OK, same concept here as in the Jazz Playoff Watch thread. Orangello's GSW Draft Pick thread should be the one to use for discussion purposes and to celebrate or agonize over each GS game. My intent is to just provide an easy reference of the current lottery standings and also, below that, a list of the important games coming up.

Please note the "Games Back" column is in relation to Golden State's position, as that is the main topic here.

Lottery Standings - 3/21
TeamWLPctGB/
GSW
1Charlotte7370.159-12.0
2New Orleans11350.239-9.0
3Washington11340.244-8.5
4New Jersey15330.313-6.0
5Toronto15320.319-5.5
6Detroit16300.348-4.0
7Sacramento17290.370-3.0
8Cleveland17270.386-2.0
9Golden State19250.4320.0
10Portland21250.4571.0
11Milwaukee21240.4671.5
12Minnesota23250.4792.0
13Phoenix23240.4892.5
14Utah 24220.5224.0
*Jazz are 1/2 game behind Houston for the 8th seed

Hmmm...I'll work on the formatting. Looked perfect in Excel and in the pane when I edit.

Nice work!

Wow! The Wiz were up by like 20 at the end of the first quarter I think but the Pacers came back and won. Huge! The Bucks and Hornets are also losing right now. Unfortunately so are the Warriors but maybe they'll come back.

Let me know if this type of post should be put in another thread btw.

Wow! The Wiz were up by like 20 at the end of the first quarter I think but the Pacers came back and won. Huge! The Bucks and Hornets are also losing right now. Unfortunately so are the Warriors but maybe they'll come back.

Let me know if this type of post should be put in another thread btw.
You're fine. I purposely took up the first two spots so I could update and keep it on the first page - no matter how many posts are eventually made in this thread.

thanks

thanks for clarification.

So final hypothetical, if GS finishes 7th and the Jazz make the playoffs, I assume KOC gets to sit in the room for the lottery on the chance that one of the 8-14 teams leapfrogs GS and the Jazz get the #8 pick. And if not, KOC leaves the room emptyhanded. I usually don't watch the lottery, has this happened before?

thanks for clarification.

So final hypothetical, if GS finishes 7th and the Jazz make the playoffs, I assume KOC gets to sit in the room for the lottery on the chance that one of the 8-14 teams leapfrogs GS and the Jazz get the #8 pick. And if not, KOC leaves the room emptyhanded. I usually don't watch the lottery, has this happened before?

Yep, that would be very awkward for KOC.

Yep, that would be very awkward for KOC.

It would be better if the pick was decided by an olde timey bare knuckles boxing match between KOC and Lacob before the lottery balls were picked. To the victor goes the pick.

IMG_2504lowres.jpg

vs.

85947_NBA_Draft_Lottery.jpg