What's new

Max Space this Summer!

DL is operating off the Michael Scott philosophy...

Michael Scott said:
I think the main difference between me and Donald Trump is that I get no pleasure out of saying the words "you're fired." "You're fired." Oh, "you're fired." He just makes people sad. And an office can't function that way. No way. "You're fired." I think if I had a catchphrase it would be "you're hired, and you can work here as long as you want."

Utilizing max cap space requires renouncing some guys, and if the guys are standing on the doorstep all wet and cold with puppy dog eyes, wanting back in, how will we address that?

Khris Middleton. He's really the only realistic option, and we'll be talking about getting him, and then he'll re-sign with Milwaukee.

I know this is sarcasm but:

Realistic max guys:
Harris
Middleton

Other non-max options:
Niko
Brogdon
Barnes
Russell
Rozier
Randle
Gay
Satoransky
Aminu

MLE types
Bullock
Oubre
Danny Green
Portis
Terrence Ross
Beverly

With Davis reported to having interest in Milwaukee, I think we go after Brogdon or Middleton, possibly S&T.

We just have to believe that Harris will be minimized in Philly and that he would want to come here... if not I think we settle on Niko and some guard help.

Opposite of what we want.

Best case scenario is Butler meshes great, but Harris role is reduces to where his touches aren't where he wants. Sixer's max Butler and Harris decides to move on.
Yep, Butler and Embiid were already fighting for touches on Philly's roster. Can you imagine adding another player who needs touches to that mix? I think it's very possible this blows into 76ers faces and Harris ultimately decides that staying in the corner is not what he wants to do with his career.

Now him getting disillusioned with Philly is only the first step, but if we are going to keep hope for someone relatively high on the free agency totem pole, IMO it still is Harris.

Yep, Butler and Embiid were already fighting for touches on Philly's roster. Can you imagine adding another player who needs touches to that mix? I think it's very possible this blows into 76ers faces and Harris ultimately decides that staying in the corner is not what he wants to do with his career.

Now him getting disillusioned with Philly is only the first step, but if we are going to keep hope for someone relatively high on the free agency totem pole, IMO it still is Harris.
Yeah. Philly honestly just needs to bring back Hinkie. Their FO doesn't know what they were doing and kept on wasting assets lol

I do think Jimmy leaves and that is partly why they did the deal... they have the ultimate trump card with the 5th year. He is a really amazing fit... scores in a variety of ways and is the lowest USG 20 point per game scorer. I think it is much more likely Jimmy bails and they re-sign Harris.

I think our chances at getting Harris or Middleton are around 5-10% total. Kinda a crap shoot... like the draft I guess. Team building is hard and requires luck.

We aren't signing anyone. Harris is staying in Philly, Middleton is staying in Milwaukee.

I think we'll strike out with Middleton and Harris and end up re-signing Rubio and picking up Favors option.

I know this is sarcasm but:

Realistic max guys:
Harris
Middleton

Other non-max options:
Niko
Brogdon
Barnes
Russell
Rozier
Randle
Gay
Satoransky
Aminu

MLE types
Bullock
Oubre
Danny Green
Portis
Terrence Ross
Beverly
Terrence Ross please

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hardly anyone. I'm not sure a good FA will ever sign with the Jazz. There have been a whopping two in history, and Memo was a bit of a project that worked out well.

This team needs to trade their way to good players, but this franchise has a cultural of being pusses when it comes to it. It's disheartening sometimes.