What's new

Middleton vs Matthews: No... Holds... Bar!

Who would you rather the Jazz sign in the offseason?

• Middleton

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Matthews

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Batman

Who would you rather the Jazz sign in the offseason: Khris Middleton or Wesley Matthews? And why?

Poor job. Should've added DMC to this, and each at a certain price tag.

Matthews at 13M per.
Middleton at 9.5M per.
DMC at 8.5M per.

My rough guesses anyway.

Right now Matthews just because he's been doing it longer and we know he can play both ends. But l reserve the right to change my mind after the season

Right now Matthews just because he's been doing it longer and we know he can play both ends. But l reserve the right to change my mind after the season

Yep, I'd pick Matthews - more proven and is established in the role that we are missing the most. Also has been taking higher volumes in 3s and still has close to 40% success rate. I don't know if Middleton's % would drop if he starts shooting 7 per game.

Poor job. Should've added DMC to this, and each at a certain price tag.

Matthews at 13M per.
Middleton at 9.5M per.
DMC at 8.5M per.

My rough guesses anyway.
Damn that's tough.
I probably go Middleton, then Wes, then carroll

Matthews. He has swag.
And like candrew said, he's been doing it longer. You know it's not an outlier. AS much as I like DMC, I'd rather keep Hayward at SF. So Middleton would likely be my second choice.

I say Matthews. But really the only reason is because I like his bow and arrow thing after he makes a 3.

I think Wes and Middleton will get similar deals. Both around 13 per year. I need to watch more of Middleton. I might choose him over Wes because he hasn't hit his ceiling yet. He can also play the two and the three. My reservation would be that his defense has only been good this year. Does he keep working after he gets paid? We know Wes' character already. I think I've talked myself back into Wes.

I'll be thrilled with either but be prepared to see larger numbers than you think though. Both of these guys could get near max. This summer is going to be crazy.

Jazz have no shot at mathews. The Portland owner can pay mathews out of petty cash. Jazz can't outbid Portland for Mathews. The bucks however are cheap.

Jazz have no shot at mathews. The Portland owner can pay mathews out of petty cash. Jazz can't outbid Portland for Mathews. The bucks however are cheap.

Then let's at least force his hand. You know he doesn't want to pay the max with Afflalo on the team as a backup. But he hates the Jazz. SO if we offer Matthews the max, Wesley probably goes back to him and says, "top the offer." And Allen will. He had total contempt for Utah when he signed Paul to his offer sheet, believing there was no way Greg could come up with that much cash up front. Allen views himself as an elite rich guy. He has a huge ego and a small ****. So let's stick it to "the man."

All of this is premature any way. If the jazz land Stanley Johnson in the draft he will start day one then Hayward slides to the 2 with Burks backing him up. Then the jazz just need a good back up sf and or a center no reason to break the bank.

All of this is premature any way. If the jazz land Stanley Johnson in the draft he will start day one then Hayward slides to the 2 with Burks backing him up. Then the jazz just need a good back up sf and or a center no reason to break the bank.

I don't think Johnson, or any wing we draft, will start Day 1. I think Burks is going to start Day 1.

That's a big "if" the way we're playing...