What's new

Mitchell Will be Traded Today (9/1/22)

Eh, I prefer thin cut crispy bacon. Not a fan of chewy or floppy bacon. Certain things in a man's life should never be floppy and bacon is one of them.

If I'm doing thick cut bacon then it's actually pork belly I've cured and smoked myself, cut in 1/2 inch slabs and cooked crispy on 2 sides in rocket hot cast iron skillet, with a little maple and Thai chile glaze. Oh yeah.

Brotha it’s not floppy. I made some on
Mother’s Day this year. My wife said it’s the best bacon she’s ever had. Even better than Peter Luger’s who’s known for theirs.

This is actually from Tupelo Honey.

The other two pics were from Sunny Point…that’s the crazy great breakfast spot. My only complaint with them was there bacon was not thicker cut and it had too much syrup or glaze on it…I don’t understand why places don’t use true thick cut bacon, like from a butcher. 1-2 slices of true thickcut is light years better than 5-6 of regular and what is typically called thickcut but is not.
There is a spot in Redlands CA that is just a breakfast/lunch kind of diner, called Carolyn's Cafe. They have basic American breakfast food, done right and always good, but their real claim to fame is an otherworldly coffee cake. It comes hot with a scoop of about a quarter cup of butter melting through it. I've never been one for coffee cake but this **** is like crack or something. This could be my last meal. Fluffy, tender, gooey, hot, full of melted butter, strangely not too sweet. Good balance of spices. Literally perfect.

The first time we went my mom an dad were visiting and we wanted to get some breakfast. Found it on Yelp. Got there about 8 am and there was a 45 minute wait. On a Tuesday. We asked everyone why and everyone said "coffee cake". We're like, uh, ok. We better find out what the big deal was. Holy hell they were not kidding. It's awesome.

1658685867015.png

Mother’s Day this year. My wife said it’s the best bacon she’s ever had. Even better than Peter Luger’s who’s known for theirs.
Cooking it yourself I get it. Especially with a little maple glaze on it. Don't find bacon very often in a restaurant anything but floppy.

Also, it’s definitely not pork belly. It’s about 3/16-6/16 of an inch. Many say thick cut and are like 1.5-2/16 at best.

Cooking it yourself I get it. Especially with a little maple glaze on it. Don't find bacon very often in a restaurant anything but floppy.
l’ll probably host again next year and take pics. Went overboard this year. Tons of bacon, eggs, hash browns, sausages, etc.

Chicken and waffles works surprisingly well - as long as the chicken is good. Interesting place that does a great one is Waffle Love in American Fork. Waffles are superb and the chicken is surprisingly tender and tasty. I’m not much of a sweet breakfast food guy, so when my family wants to go there, I get the chicken and waffles every time.

You people disgust me

Pretty crazy if you do the math on how much you’d accrue just in interest nearly on a savings account with a 1.5% compounding interest rate.

Someone has to win, but pretty sobering to do the lottery simulators like https://lottosimulation.com.
It's crazy that the amount is high enough that if you get the 30 year payout it would be $26 million per year. Wild.

Wow awesome trade!!!!!! nothing going to happen most likely next month I say the middle of August before training camp starts or during the trade deadline

It indeed looked awesome

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I found out later they have a real following. There are like 3 or 4 locations they go to regularly, or they do these weekend market things, and apparently they always sell out, every single time. I do not doubt it, legitimately some of if not the, best churros I have ever had.