More quotes from the Thunders forum after Game 4

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
after tonight's debacle I honestly am of the opinion that they should blow everything up, this is honestly worthy of a culture change, just have Presti getting rid of everyone for draft picks and fire donovan as well

Team has underachieved obviously.is it more bad coaching or team or both? I would love to see okc advance if they don't it's a failure.team lacking killer instinct

Utah has a better coach, players who trust each other, and who actually enjoy playing the game together... 3 things OKC lacks, no wonder they are leading this series...

Good insight here. I was excited about this Thunder squad as well. They have been but an utter disgrace this season and have been disappointing in performance. We are so inconsistent with our play and have difficulty playing well. I am a OKC Thunder fan but it's getting wearisome to see this constant losing. There seems to be no fire and urge among the Thunder like the old teams who used to fight adversity and fight to the finish.

Never seen an offense that lacks so much creativity with 3 superstars! Also At what point do we actually cover 3 points shooters ? Angles was Wide open every time he shot and Donovan is just watching

Hahahaha Westbrook is weak minded. Dude is a pawn to the Jazzs scheme. Took his focus from the game and put it on Rubio. Dude is a joke. He's an athletic freak, but an idiot.

are the okc have a center? i don't think so, cause adams is afraid of gobert he don't want to guard gobert and can't block a shot or even bother a shot, pg and westbrook are always leaving their men open on the perimiter.

Bye Melo. Got a lot of time for PG and Westbrook, as well as Adams who has turned into a beast this year, but Melo is a waste of space. Poor percentage, poor decisions, just an all round average player who was supposed to be a star. Sadly I don't think this year will have provided PG much incentive to stay, which means next year there's just Adams and Westbrook to build around.

This team isn’t playing tonight.. this is pathetic.. the Jazz are in their head and they continue to play like amateurs.. never seen them like this.. and Mello needs to ride the bench till he finds his shot again..

Imagine constructing a core of Paul George, Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook in the offseason with the intent of taking down the Warriors and you end up getting stomped by Ricky Rubio and a kid who wasn’t in the league a year ago...

Thunder has way more playmakers and we still came up short personally there's no excuses for this loss other than Utah wants it more.....

Utah is more mentally prepared... We play real complacent, but Utah actually plays like they have somethimg to prove.

Westbrick sucks Rubio got to him mentally with the ladt triple double.

hmm.. maybe its all westbrook.. all former teammates are now doing great with other teams.durant , harden and even ibaka.

to win a game - play organized games such as finding the chance Nd passing to the open person and not playing emotional. Common, OKC has the the powers, but not play wisely and smartly. Russel, calm down to the personal revenge on Rubio and focus to win as a great team. It is not too late yet...

What a Joke, Classless Morons on the Thunder can't handle getting SMOKED by a better team/lower seed.

P A T H E T I C

Poor brain okc thunder not using....the brain has been damage for the utah...big3 resigh not working....all stupid....

I would say this is a waste of a season for the Thunder because they went through the whole trouble of getting two superstars to help out Westbrook and now they're getting the same playoff results as they did last year with a possible 4 to 1 scenario again. I like Westbrook and all but I think he made a mistake signing that extension to stay here because I don't think it's going to be possible for them to ever do anything good in the playoffs with this team I would have waited for free agency and went to a better team

Durant Ibaka Oladipo Sabonis Kanter George Melo. How many top players must walk through OKC before they realise RW is sinking OKC

Getting outplayed and out coached. Jazz play as a team. Thunder play as individuals.

WAY TO BE CLASSY OKC! Sore losers. And ima Fan! But not tonight!

Getting ready to go to bed on this crap
clip_image001.png
so tired of watching them suck

If there was a grade that was lower than an “F”, I would give Melo that tonight. He couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat tonight, and he was once again a liability on the defensive end. Billy Donovan either has to play him less minutes, or the Thunder will indeed have no chance left in this series. He scored 11 points on a dreadful 5-18 shooting on the night.

Brewer was continuously torched on the defensive end tonight. His offensive game wasn’t much better as he only scored 3 points on 2 shots. The inability to contain Ricky Rubio and Donovan Mitchell has been catastrophic for this OKC Thunder team.

39.3: The Thunder hit just 39.3 percent of its shot attempts tonight. 34 percent in the second half.

19: OKC shot 5-of-26 from downtown. LOL.

-3: The Jazz won 49-46 on the glass, including 10-9 on the offensive end.

-5: Utah won 17-12 in second-chance points.

10: The Thunder had 10 assists tonight. Idk.

-6: The Jazz won 48-42 in the paint.

The reigning MVP spent the night in foul trouble, looked disengaged after halftime (he shot five times after the break — once in the fourth quarter), and should start charging Utah rent for as much space as they’ve taken up in his head

I predicted that Carmelo Anthony would have a big game. I also said I’d eat the words in the recap if he failed to fulfill my prophecy. So, I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

Down 19 with 5:30 remaining, Michael Cage had the audacity to say, “I like the fight the Thunder have shown tonight.” Per the recent broadcasting rules, he’s gotta draw a one-game suspension for that one.

Donovan has devastated whatever chance we had of taking this series.. his rotations are a sad joke, he doesn’t make in game defensive adjustments, and by refusing to force Melo into the bench role he should have been playing from day 1 he has crippled the starting unit.. he has lost the team completely, and it shows more and more with every blowout loss. George is all but gone now, and Westbrook will once again be unfairly tarnished as “the star no one wants to play with”.. this series could have truly gone no worse for this program aside from an outright sweep

the jazz aren't this good offensively. our defense on them is puzzling. ricky / gobert pnr shouldn't be this lethal. adams coming out so far is stupid. westbrook's terminator intensity in this game made him look like an idiot when he got in foul trouble.

The “problem” right now is multi-faceted, but the safest way to put it without going into great detail right now is that no one that really matters is doing well at all... the roster looks flawed (that’s on Presti), the team looks confused (that’s on Donovan), the players miss easy things and make other things harder than necessary (that’s on them). Down by 15 with basically an entire half to go, but they might as well be down by 85; it appears the Thunder have run into a team that is everything they are not and it is a very humbling realization

TNT said it well, the Jazz are playing with “joy.” I don’t know what we are playing with, but I certainly feel no joy and it doesn’t look they do either.

Utah is winning this series on every level. Their backcourt is outplaying ours, their bigs are outplaying ours, their coach is outcoaching ours, and most surprisingly their star is shining brighter than ours. Mitchell has been better than PG or Russ, I find that really surprising and obviously disappointing

I catch Jazz games whenever I can and I've never seen that arena so lit. Jazz played well, but their fans absolutely gave them a boost. They put us to shame. I know a couple people mentioned how dead the Peake seemed in Game 2 and I agree. There was noise, but it didn't feel like playoff atmosphere. We have to bring it next home game and give our guys a boost.

Jazz fans were even trying to get in the guys head when they chanted "Pushoff P" and I saw some vids of fans telling Russ some **** too. The atmosphere absolutely matters. It might not rattle some guys who have a lot of experience in the league, but it can throw some guys off their game for sure. We gotta do what we can to help our guys out and just show them that we support them through it all.

We have so much potential with this team it hurts to watch. Friends have been ******** on me all night about this. I just really don’t know what to think right now. I just hope we win 3 straight.

Being a Jazz fan right now and having 3 wives must be lit

My anxieties now have anxieties!

Hello darkness my old friend

At least the sweet release of a first round exit isn’t far away. This season has been hell.

At least next year won’t have high expectations

100% without a doubt the most unenjoyable season of Thunder basketball I've seen, and I've been here since the beginning

Yeah, like how are we worse than last season and how is Utah better without Hayward? The ****

I feel like we shouldn’t even be surprised. They play like a team, they don’t rely solely on one guy. They have a system that creates consistent good looks, we rely solely on isolation talent.

I feel sad

Gobert has absolutely shut down the Westbrook Drive + Westbrook/Adams pick and roll. Those 2 are as close to an offensive system as we have

Our talent is not playing like trash, it's just being completely neutralized by Gobert.

For real, Russ charges the basket like a freight train regardless of how many defenders are there. PG dances for a bit then fires a 3. Melo takes a few jab fakes, holds the ball for 10 sec, then shoots. This is a terrible way to utilize the talent on our team. Not to mention our off the ball play is horrific. When one of the big 3 has it, everyone else is just taking a breather.

No ball movement, no off the ball play, no offensive strategy/rotation changes. What is Billy doing?

i told you portland was the better matchup for us.

We had 10 assists. TEN. No ****ing ball movement.

yeah 3 assists from Westbrook is unacceptable

Top of Form

Cause he was too focused on shutting down Rubio. He’s a great player but his emotions definitely got the best of him this game.

Bottom of Form

RUBIO +22 WESTBROOCK -14 ... Shut down... yes...

This was the absolute worst game in the history of our franchise

When you trade Kanter because he can’t play against Houston or GSW but you probably won’t even make it out of the 1st round to play those teams.

Me after game 2: Yeah, DM really is something. Me after game 3: Welp, guess I hate the Jazz now. Me after game 4: Welp, guess I hate basketball now.

You after game 5: Welp, guess I hate life.

1 of the most unenjoyable teams I have ever liked in any sport and I'm a Leafs fan. Last season was at least fun and needed a few support players to help grow.

Welp it's been real guys, die hard fan for 8 years and now it's coming to a close. I'll still root for this team I just wont be invested and will check in with them every other week next seadon

Potential ROTY candidate. Potential DPOTY candidate. Quin Snyder could be COTY if it wasn’t already unreal stacked. Utah is much more than just one single rookie.

People are downvoting you, but sadly, I agree. I grew up in Utah, but have mostly been a thunder fan my entire life. The Thunder are what got me into the NBA. Watching Westbrook and Durant was amazing. This isn’t the old thunder. I will always still have a place for the Thunder in my heart, but I think it’s over. I hate this.

We have gotten progressively worse this series, because our "plays" on offense are so hilariously predictable that the opposing team just practices jumping our routes for 4 games. I don't see what Game 5 would be any different.

The Jazz are in these playoffs for a reason. This series is as good as over unless we get some effort and heart soon. We might grab the next game but I don't see us beating them in Utah. The Jazz played scrappy, physical defense all four quarters, and made us look clueless (which we are) on defense. Paul George has zero help defensive IQ and the physicality seems to be getting to him. Melo's production isn't warranting the amount of minutes he's getting, Russ almost seems nervous to drive at Gobert and I don't blame him, the man is a black hole. If Abrines was given a few more looks, Huestis was half decent defensively on Mitchell in the late stages....perhaps we can get some life into our offense. Hopefully Billy can pull something out for game 5.

...Oh god.....relying on Billy Donovan to make adjustments for the next game?

Jazz in 5.

Billy Donovan's playbook is just ISO written in crayon and underlined a couple times

The lack of offensive scheme is painful here. Without the Thunders "big 3" hitting everything it falls apart. Adams multiple times got prime position over Gobert and they skipped him and went for three. Honestly why have Adams out there, Snyder has cut off the pick and roll and all he seems to do is hand-off passes. He's not a factor rebounding either because half the time he'll have 2-3 people boxing him out and he's the only one under there. ****sake. Thunder plays better basketball than this. **** the Jazz. I want to see you ****s in the next round.

Pg is gone, BD is gone, melo is thrash.... were ****ed

What the **** Mitchell is still a rookie and he’s ****ing us like he’s done this before

Westbrook has been my favorite player and I have thoroughly defended him and have argued with the haters for many ****ing years. People hate him and i dont know why. It has always confused me. But god damnit, I have had it watching him fail. He has nothing to show for his raw talent. He doesn't take leadership because he doesn't seem to be capable of it. He's got all talent but no heart. It's a goddam shame. He's got the most raw talent in the NBA and he can't ****ing take charge when he's given a challenge.

Donovan Mitchell is just something else. Like where do you find a rookie that does this in the ****ing playoffs?

We are being beaten by a guy who plays like Westbrook, can't Billy take notes from what Quin is doing on how Mitchell is getting all those looks?

85 games in...we still have no chemistry.

I am disappointment.

Did you guys see Mitt Romney taunting Russ on the baseline? **** that guy.

Mitchell is looking really good right now. He was able to easily get buckets in the paint. He is a rookie, pretty ridiculous. I just don’t know if it’s more OKC bad D or if he is just that good.

Jazz gonna get stomped by Houston and Houston will get stomped by GSW and they are all gonna be in the same boat with us lol.

Snyder looks exactly like that teacher from Daria with the crazy eyes.

The next game will be played in a roller derby arena

Experiment: Russ/PG/Melo Hypothesis: They’ll win a ring together Conclusion: Nvm they suck together

Lol injles looks so proud of crowder for all the **** he has started

ugly as ****, playing desperate, reckless hurry-up bball, picking fights, getting blown out in front of a hungry utah crowd. that’s my team guys.

oh my lord, worst game I've seen the thunder play ever

I'm gonna meet the team at the airport and throw tomatoes at Melo

Gotta give credit where credit is due: the Jazz stick to their game plan so well. No matter if they're down 10 or up 20 they keep chipping away and playing cool and composed on both ends of the floor

I love this team they really help with my anxiety and depression.

Got him in the Goberries

anyone notice how the Jazz huddled as a team and the Thunder stood around as individuals?

I'm so jealous of Utah. They have Mitchell. While we have old overpaid Melo. Smh

Utah is really good there was a reason they were one of best teams since January

I woke up at 4:30 in the night to see the most important game of the year thinking surely the team might have figured out at least trying to show they give a **** about this ****?

• Russ still standing around on offense

• Melo still bricking

• PG getting completely shook by Uncle Joe

• Billy Donovan still with that disgruntled look just clueless on the bench

• 0 ball movement, 0 intensity, 0 defensive effort

I feel so terrible right now its unbelieveable, like basketball shouldnt determine my mood but i feel ****ing miserable how the ****ed do we get outplayed by (with much respect for how awesome he is) a rookie, Rubio without playoff experience and Joe ****ing Ingles?

I will have to go to work in 2 hours and i feel like using up a free day just to re-evaluate life..

LMAOOO YALL GETTING BODIED BY A CAR SALEMAN

The thunder are doing what they always do best. Failing

These lineups simply just do not work. There is no sign of any team chemistry what so ever. I have no idea what the jazz saw in game one to change, but man they have completely obliterated everything we've tried.

"I feel like we shouldn’t even be surprised. They play like a team, they don’t rely solely on one guy. They have a system that creates consistent good looks, we rely solely on isolation talent."

And therein lies the difference.

Have to admit if Jingles was on the Thunder he'd probably be my least favorite player. Loved him on the postgame.

Seriously, with the unselfishness of the players, the charisma of Mitchell, DPOY in Gobert and a players' coach in Quin, a significant FA has to bite in the next few years.

The issue is OKC has chuckers who don't play defense (Crymelo). This is why many of us Jazz fans are less critical of Crowder than Hood - aside from being tougher and playing when he has a stomach ache, even if Crowder bricks a lot, at least he's contributing on defense and therefore isn't a huge +- void. Royce is the same way - when he shoots poorly it's like meh - and when he hits shots it's simply icing on the cake.

Paul George will be a Laker. I'm sure LaVar might even bring back Corey Brewer who's regretting leaving beautiful LA for the asshat Bible Belt of Oklahoma.

Not sure you can blame Donovan -- how would you like to coach Westbrook? He's uncoachable. Presti should take the blame for keeping him when he could've let him go years ago.

Not sure you can blame Donovan -- how would you like to coach Westbrook? He's uncoachable. Presti should take the blame for keeping him when he could've let him go years ago.

I'll take him in LA in a heartbeat. You know damn well he's begging Paul George to bring him to LA next season. Thunder are in the lottery from now on and Sacramento & Brooklyn will be in the Finals before the Thunder ever make it to the second round again.

For real, Russ charges the basket like a freight train regardless of how many defenders are there. PG dances for a bit then fires a 3. Melo takes a few jab fakes, holds the ball for 10 sec, then shoots. This is a terrible way to utilize the talent on our team. Not to mention our off the ball play is horrific. When one of the big 3 has it, everyone else is just taking a breather.

This is such a perfect description of their team. Utah faces a steep uphill climb in the next round based on how relatively easy coverages have been in this series compared to what the Rockets can run.

Hopefully Billy can pull something out for game 5.

gross

anyone notice how the Jazz huddled as a team and the Thunder stood around as individuals?

Yes, and this isn't a small thing. The Jazz are locked in and together.

Me after game 2: Yeah, DM really is something. Me after game 3: Welp, guess I hate the Jazz now. Me after game 4: Welp, guess I hate basketball now.

You after game 5: Welp, guess I hate life.

Freaking loved this one.

Have to admit if Jingles was on the Thunder he'd probably be my least favorite player. Loved him on the postgame.

Seriously, with the unselfishness of the players, the charisma of Mitchell, DPOY in Gobert and a players' coach in Quin, a significant FA has to bite in the next few years.

When Rubio, Mitchell, gobert and jingles were at the podium someone asked a question to jingles and Rudy had the mic in front of him and so Rudy grabbed it and moved it over to jingles. Jingles says something along the lines of “that’s your first assist of your career Rudy”. Lol