What's new

Must-read article from a less-active JFCer

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I feel like I’ve posted more threads in the past week than I have since I was posting game threads, but this was an incredible article by NBAnerd... can’t even find his account now to tag him — does he have one anymore? There are a number of different discussions here, but I’d recommend reading to anyone, especially because the numbers will become outdated soon:

https://saltcityhoops.com/salt-city-seven-bogey-close-wins-how-much-to-trust-projections/

Obviously the season ain’t over, but it was interesting to think the last time we had two 20+ ppg scorers was back with Karl and Jeff Malone. Lots of other great gems in there. Go check it out.

What happened to Nerd?
He’s active on Twitter and such. Not sure why I couldn’t even find his account.

Fun fact: his father was my 9th grade Spanish teacher. I was a **** student, and though he sometimes gave off a mean persona, he had a couple of us come in to work our grades up. I totally should have failed, but he kept adding points until I got a D-.

I love this stat:

3-1
With three of their last four wins coming by a one-possession margin, the Jazz now have more wins by three points or less than they did all last season. Not that last year’s mark is a hard bar to clear: they were 0-7 in such games last season

Damn was that a depressing stat last year.

As a player or commentator?

As a player. Just guessing but this was at least 10 years ago.

Actually I don't recall any specific reason but I can recall in general the situation that NAOS described. There were a few posters back then that would make it a point to bust his balls or mock his long form posting style. I seem to remember at times he would try to pass himself off as some sort of Jazz insider. I guess it rubbed some people the wrong way. Or maybe he was and they were just jealous? I dunno. I've been here forever but I've never been a hard core poster.

Nerd always stuck out to me because he was probably the most prolific poster around here when I first came to this board (2002/03).