• Enes Kanter

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Tyrone Corbin

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brown Notes

This was a very significant win.

I would like to find out who the inhabitants of this forum believe is the most responsible for this win.

I personally voted for the coach. We had a lot of individual contributions but the way he changed the way LMA was defended changed the game.

The Jazz defense. And rebounding. See, you can beat good teams when you don't have a great shooting percentage if you actually do these things. That is how you win in the playoffs. You cannot count on continually having to beat teams by outscoring them in high-scoring games. Teams can be much more consistent if their focus is on defense and rebounding. Offense will come naturally as a result because you will break the opposing team's spirit if they cannot consistently score against you. It is a proven fact: Defense wins championships in sports.

Kanter or Earl. CJ wasn't bad either. If he had made on of those final jumpers he would have got my vote.

I voted for the Bulldog.

Edit: Double Negative I see Chili's in you sig. Any irl connection to Chili's?

Where's Hayward? I know his first half was bad but the second half was pretty good and his block at the end was critical.

Where's Favors? His stint on LA in the third effectively took Aldridge out of the game. He should at least be considered.

As for the answer to this poll, I really don't know who the MVP was. It was a total team win.

Reactions: MVP
Watson - no question. Think about this way, if Watson was not there would he Jazz pulled it out? No freaking way....His energy was contagious and he made all right plays during the run.

Where's Favors? His stint on LA in the third effectively took Aldridge out of the game. He should at least be considered.

but according to some posters it was Kanter who cooled him down...not sure how he did it from the bench, must be some magical powers.

Favors wasn't included because IMO this wasn't a great game for him. He did very well defending LMA as has been pointed out.

I suppose any time I make a poll there should be some open ended option.

Kanter really has 12 votes?

First time someone has gone 1 of 8, been blocked by Kurt Thomas, and had half his rebounds off his own misses and been considered MVP of a game. He played d, but c'mon guys. This should either go to Millsap,Miles, or Watson as they carried us for long stretches of the game, and both were the most consistent contributors. I would even consider Harris as he was the most consistent and had a huge 3rd quarter spurt of great defense and great lob passes, or Hayward for his 3rd quarter push.

And Corbin isn't a player idiots. He is a coach, he did what he was suppose to do. (I actually still think his subbing of Harris and Watson needs to get better). If we want Watson to finish the games, and be in late game situations, we can't have him play the tail end of the 3rd and the entire 4th, he should have more energy by giving Harris a bit more playing time, either finishing the 3rd or starting the 4th.

IMO this was Kanter's best game. He didn't have a great shooting night but was instrumental in establishing the team's level of competition. He really battled their subs, Thomas is old-school tough.

I thought the game was won with toughness and Kanter brought a lot of that last night.

I wasn't even able to watch the game because i was playing bball in a rec league (7 for 7 from the field for 15 points, though we still lost by 4 and i fouled out).

But Im going to say Kanter was the MVP just because usually whatever akmvp and cryrone believe to be true i find that it usually the opposite that is correct.

Kanter really has 12 votes?

First time someone has gone 1 of 8, been blocked by Kurt Thomas, and had half his rebounds off his own misses and been considered MVP of a game. He played d, but c'mon guys. This should either go to Millsap,Miles, or Watson as they carried us for long stretches of the game, and both were the most consistent contributors. I would even consider Harris as he was the most consistent and had a huge 3rd quarter spurt of great defense and great lob passes, or Hayward for his 3rd quarter push.

And Corbin isn't a player idiots. He is a coach, he did what he was suppose to do. (I actually still think his subbing of Harris and Watson needs to get better). If we want Watson to finish the games, and be in late game situations, we can't have him play the tail end of the 3rd and the entire 4th, he should have more energy by giving Harris a bit more playing time, either finishing the 3rd or starting the 4th.

You knew the intention of listing him on there. Stop nitpicking.