What's new

My Invention

Surely

Okay, many months ago I posted in a thread about an idea that I was getting a patent on. Several people wanted to know what the idea was. Now that I have my patent pending I will spill the beans. The idea came to me about 7 years ago while visiting Sun Valley and looking at the mansions and people with mega bucks. Also, having lived in Japan for over 4 years and seeing how nuts they are about golf and how space is so limited I thought this would be a great way for people to practice their putting. They have 3 and 4 story driving ranges with huge nets and those are great for practicing your driving and clubs, but there is no place to practice your putting.

The idea is a putting practice device where there is a computer terminal and an apparatus with actuators that move up and down. A user would be able to step up and select a course (Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, etc). They would then select a hole, the 14th for example. A map would appear and they could then select the pin placement (only legal areas would be available) and where they would like to putt from. The computer extrapolates that data set and the actuators create that lye. So the golfer can actually make the putt as though they were standing on the actual green. I also plan on including a quick menu for famous putts through history. You could watch how Tiger, Phil, Jack, etc approached the putt and mimic it. Please feel free to give me any feedback or ask any questions.

I'm not a golfer (obviously, or not?) but I think it sounds interesting! and cool!

I am a bowler (of sorts), however, and so once this gets off the ground, maybe you could come up with something similar for bowling that could mimic all the great split pick-ups of those great bowlers whoever they are (or were)

actually, it'd probably be much easier since there's not much variation in lane topography...

actually, it'd probably be much easier since there's not much variation in lane topography...

This is a great idea! Make bowling like putting. You start at one end of the alley and move to the next lane each progressing frame. Each lane has a different topography so you have to work out the best line to hit the pins like you do when putting. Nothing radical, just a few raised spots that will subtly change the trajectory of the ball that need to be compensated for when releasing the ball.

moe said:
all the great split pick-ups of those great bowlers whoever they are (or were)

Moe, have you ever watched the movie Kingpin?

i dont get it.
is this a software...or a slip n slide type thing ur gonna be able to buy at walmart in a box....or a theme park...or what.
need futher deets to further asses the situation. could be awesome. or could be lame. no offense, just truth with me bro.

i dont get it.
is this a software...or a slip n slide type thing ur gonna be able to buy at walmart in a box....or a theme park...or what.
need futher deets to further asses the situation. could be awesome. or could be lame. no offense, just truth with me bro.

This definitely isn't something you will buy at Walmart. I vision this as something that you will see in a rich, die-hard golf fan's home, or a large corporate office or at high end hotels and resorts.

It is something that has a computer terminal (so yes software is involved) and the actual green that you can stand and walk on.