Name change for the Jazz?

Should we change our team name

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters

BHP

Upon hearing the news that New Orleans are thinking about changing their name from Hornets to the Pelicans. Would you guys as Jazz fans be willing to give up the jazz name or sell it back to New Orleans.

Personally I am a huge Jazz fan (Probably the biggest Jazz fan in New Zealand) and I wouldn't be totally against the idea of changing the jazz team name. I know it has a lot of history in Utah; but I have never really felt it has worked as a team name.

I think New Orleans should go back to N.O Jazz. Charlotte should take back the hornets name. And Utah to change to the Utah Avalanche or Utah Saints or some other name. This would also help change the identity of the team from the Jerry Sloan era to a new Favors, Kanter, Hayward era. (Fire Tyrone Corbin too haha, but ill leave my thoughts about that on another thread.)

Upon hearing the news that New Orleans are thinking about changing their name from Hornets to the Pelicans. Would you guys as Jazz fans be willing to give up the jazz name or sell it back to New Orleans.

Personally I am a huge Jazz fan (Probably the biggest Jazz fan in New Zealand) and I wouldn't be totally against the idea of changing the jazz team name. I know it has a lot of history in Utah; but I have never really felt it has worked as a team name.

I think New Orleans should go back to N.O Jazz. Charlotte should take back the hornets name. And Utah to change to the Utah Avalanche or Utah Saints or some other name. This would also help change the identity of the team from the Jerry Sloan era to a new Favors, Kanter, Hayward era. (Fire Tyrone Corbin too haha, but ill leave my thoughts about that on another thread.)

IMO no way. The Jazz have played with this name for 30 years or so, and frankly, have taken the name as theirs. Nobody would suggest the Lakers give their name to Minnesota, even with the distinct lack of lakes in Los Angeles (though I guess at least that name has some alliteration)

I say do a four way name trade.
Charlotte Hornets
Memphis Bobcats
New Orleans Jazz
Utah Grizzlies

I can`t believe they are actually thinking of changing to the Pelicans. They just fly around, slowly, eating fish. At least Hornets sting

Pelicans? I think its just an excuse for satisfying female NBA fans fashion interests with selling some pink stuffs.(jersey etc.) It's a good selling strategy actually if it become real. Its laughable, but i think it would be a success financially.
OP; Gtfo

If we get Anthony davis and MKG and picks yes, **** yes. If not than I dont really care. Personally having been a Jazz fan my whole life and being my favorite sports franchise I still feel no attachment and do not really like the name Jazz but I dont really care that much about the team name as long as our Jerseys are cool.

**** off bro

Haha yeah Ill gtfo. Pretty much the reaction I was expecting. surprised that a few people wouldn't mind the change though.