What's new

Not a fan, but I think it would be cool to go to one of the big races in the South just to see how it is in person. See all the rednecks wandering about in their element. Maybe throw in a Duke basketball home game or LSU football home game while in the general area.....that would be a pretty solid weekend trip.

I had similar "awakening" last night....but with dog shows. I watched a solid hour of the Westminster Dog Show. Never something I thought I would watch, but it was kind of cool.

Last edited:
I've been a NASCAR fan since 1997. Jeff Gordon's always been my favorite driver, and since he just retired I'm looking for a new fav. I used to take a lot of teasing about NASCAR around here.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

It is a good lineup. Can't go wrong with Kevin Harvick, and I'm hoping Chase Elliott lives up to the hype and keeps the #24 going strong.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

Not a fan, but I think it would be cool to go to one of the big races in the South just to see how it is in person. See all the rednecks wandering about in their element. Maybe throw in a Duke basketball home game or LSU football home game while in the general area.....that would be a pretty solid weekend trip.

I had similar "awakening" last night....but with dog shows. I watched a solid hour of the Westminster Dog Show. Never something I thought I would watch, but it was kind of cool.

I went to the Texas 500 yesterday and was blown away by seeing close to 200k rednecks gather, drink, drink more and watch cars scream by at 200mph. Not really my thing, but I had a lot of fun.

I seem to have lost interest in NASCAR since Jeff Gordon retired. I've probably watched a grand total of 10 hours this whole year. Sad!

My one and only experience at a NASCAR race was pretty terrible due to the weather, but I wish I could go to another one.

I went to the Texas 500 yesterday and was blown away by seeing close to 200k rednecks gather, drink, drink more and watch cars scream by at 200mph. Not really my thing, but I had a lot of fun.

This was my experience as well.

I used to watch it when I was a kid but it was always second to Formuala 1. I even had it on PS1 and I played it a lot. Watching wasn't entertaining as playing.