What's new

NBA Draft Night Thread -- Live Reaction

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I'm 100% convinced it's #1. Tony and Andy both basically said as much on the radio today. Tony said he's not sure Rudy, Royce, Mike and Bogey are as important to the rest of the NBA as they are to the Jazz, and Andy said the Jazz are working the phones extremely hard to try and get a deal done, but he thinks the Jazz value their guys more than the rest of the NBA does.
It’s like when parents think they kids are better than other parents do… and then wonder why they kids don’t play and why everyone is so dumb. A little self awareness might be needed here.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz are hosting Summer League soon. Jazz need to find some young players or they'll be embarrassed.

Oh, I wonder how many of the OKC Thunder young guns will play SLC SL.

Avery

There’s zero point of buying a pick this late when you’re skirting UDFA territory.

Not to mention that we aren’t playing a rookie anyway.

NUMBERICA

There’s zero point of buying a pick this late when you’re skirting UDFA territory.

Disagree. The Jazz are now up against 29 other teams for those free agents and what the **** do they have to offer if a player has interest from 20 of the non tire-fire organizations in the league?

Eminence

Couple shooters left I wouldn't mind grabbing at the end of the 2nd or in UDFA - Tevin Brown, the Korean guy from Davidson.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

There is actually a huge monetary benefit to buying a pick… if you buy a pick you can pay a rookie 900k instead of 1.8M… the difference is the tax… could save 3-4M and help you duck the tax… if you sign them undrafted you can’t do that. It’s basically free to buy picks if you are in the tax and may actually have a monster benefit of helping get all the way out. It’s straight malpractice… we about to mess up the math again.