What's new

NBA Draft Night Thread -- Live Reaction

YoungJefe

The only reason that I'm optimistic is because the 3 teams that were most linked to Rudy all added players that could be sent to us in a deal. Raptors (Koloko), Hawks (Griffin), Bulls (Terry)

Hearsky

The only reason that I'm optimistic is because the 3 teams that were most linked to Rudy all added players that could be sent to us in a deal. Raptors (Koloko), Hawks (Griffin), Bulls (Terry)
Youngin, You cling to that optimism like your life depends on it. And, change that GD thumbnail.

YoungJefe

Utah currently has no picks. But even if the Jazz don’t find a way to get into the first round, sources say they are open to trying to find their way into the second round. Sources also indicate the Jazz have a lengthy list of players compiled from workouts and interviews at the NBA’s Draft Combine that they are prepared to offer Exhibit 10 deals to by the end of the draft, in order to entice undrafted free agents. That will also make their Summer League roster more important than usual. Utah actually has projected spots that guys can possibly play their way into.

YoungJefe

I think the Pistons, Spurs, and Rockets did every well. Wasn't a fan of what the Cavaliers, Grizzles, Kings, or Pacers did.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz have drafted 2 significant players in the last 10 drafts. The last 5 drafts, in particular, have been brutal. In fairness, a lot of these are later picks. Still though, it's not impressive, especially for a small market team that needs to add talent through the draft.

2013 - Burke, Gobert
2014 - Exum, Hood
2015 - Lyles
2016 - Bolomboy
2017 - Mitchell, Bradley
2018 - Allen
2019 - Brantley, Wright-Foreman, Oni
2020 - Azubuike, Hughes
2021 - Butler
2022 - NA

Last edited:

YoungJefe

I know the draft wasn’t great and nothing happened, but on the bright side, we didn’t trade any firsts to fix mistakes so there’s that.
I don't think we're able to trade a 1st for like 4-5 years or we probably would have to dump Rudy Gay's contract, but there is always next offseason.

Agent#00

Jazz have drafted 2 significant players in the last 10 drafts. The last 5 drafts, in particular, have been brutal. In fairness, a lot of these are later picks. Still though, it's not impressive, especially for a small market team that needs to add talent through the draft.

2013 - Burke, Gobert
2014 - Exum, Hood
2015 - Lyles
2016 - Bolomboy
2017 - Mitchell, Bradley
2018 - Allen
2019 - Brantley, Wright-Foreman, Oni
2020 - Azubuike, Hughes
2021 - Butler
2022 - NA
2017 - Bradley (28th from LA) ----->Brooks was drafted at 45, Josh Hart at 30
2018 - Allen (21st) ---->Brunson at 33
2019 - Brantley (50th from Indiana), Wright-Foreman (53), Oni (58 from warriors) ------->nothing to see here
2020 - Azubuike (27th) Hughes (39th from Pels) ------->Bane was available at 30
2021 - Butler (40) ------->this is promising