What's new

NBA play in tournament thread

yamers

instead of having this discussion in micro bits all over other threads I thought it would be consecutive to have it under one thread here.

What do you guys think between the warriors/lakers match up?

I think ill go with the grizz over the spurs and then I could see the lakers dropping their game to the warriors and then ending up in 8th. warriors look good rn.

I think the Lakers beat GS and GS beats the Grizz so we play GS, which could be very very dangerous.

Sadly I will miss most of the Lakers Warriors game. After watching the Clips shrink from the fight against the Lakers I think they might be a little vulnerable. Cant come in like they did last year talking all this **** about being LAs new team the. Lose to two ****** teams to duck a fight. Mentally kinda weak.

If we have to play the Lakers in round one so be it. After how they said no one picks Utah and disrespected us at the all star break it would be sweet to send they *** packing.

I’m not scared of the warriors I think we beat them in six.

My take is if the lakers lose to the warriors in the play in, to me, that is in of itself an indicator we can take them. If they win, and the beat the Suns I’m not sure anyone can stop them.

In the three games that the Lakers played the Warriors this year they had 20 point leads in all of them and 30 point leads in 2 of them. If the Lakers cannot beat the Warriors, it would probably be a good time to jump on them in the playoffs, because they definitely aren't right.

In the three games that the Lakers played the Warriors this year they had 20 point leads in all of them and 30 point leads in 2 of them. If the Lakers cannot beat the Warriors, it would probably be a good time to jump on them in the playoffs, because they definitely aren't right.

Part of me wants to face the Lakers first because of the psychological boost the Jazz will get going into the 2nd round knowing that they knocked off the defending champions.

If LA is the 7 seed and GS the 8, it's possible we play GS

then the Lakers (if they beat Phoenix)

then possibly the Clippers in the West Finals

then possibly the Nets in the Finals

Would be the hardest postseason road in the history of the NBA

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m looking at the last few games that curry has gone crazy in and there’s maybe only one really strong healthy team they played against of late. Every other team they played had injuries or are either 8 seeds or lower. We almost beat them without Conley and Donovan. #notworried. We own the warriors.

Worry about the lakers - Davis is a very tough matchup against rudy. Who guards LeBron??

Clippers are a second round matchup.

As the one seed, I'm pretty sure we play the lowest seed after round 1. So if LA is the 7 seed and wins, we would play them.

If I'm wrong, please do correct me. I might be thinking NFL.

It's a bracket. We play the winner of 4/5, then after that play the winner of the 2/3/6/7 bracket. Our path goes LAC/DAL in the second round.

Ummm, no. GS would need to beat LA for this to happen. If LA falls to GS they are in real danger of being ousted in that 2nd game, because all signs point to the Lakers having a huge matchup advantage against the Warriors. If they lose to GS, they aren't right.

At this point I am not certain I fear the Clippers more than Denver or Phoenix. They look like a team that is just going through the motions like they are punching a timecard or something, not like players who are "feeling it." That locker room feels. . .off.