What's new

New Year's Resolutions

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
So what are your New Year's Resolutions jazzfanz?

I think I'm going to mow my lawn next summer, at least once a month. That would be a good 2x as many times as I mowed it last summer.

Eliminate cursing as much as possible.

Eat better, workout more.

Be a better husband and father.

Get a new job.

Added: Less phone time.

Last edited:
Eliminate cursing as much as possible.

Eat better, workout more.

Be a better husband and father.

Get a new job.
Why eliminate cursing?

A new job in the same field just a different place or a new profession?

Why eliminate cursing?

A new job in the same field just a different place or a new profession?

I curse too much. I don’t want my kids following suit as I find it ugly for the most part so I’d be a huge hypocrite not to try to curtail it myself.

Same field. Different position or different district.

To keep being as awesome next year as I was this year. Duh.

I've given up on New Year's resolutions because I've realized I don't really change, so I've chosen to focus on liking myself as I am (the good, the bad, the ugly).

That being said, I do pick a word each year that I try to focus on, and this year my word is Gratitude.

To keep being as awesome next year as I was this year. Duh.

I've given up on New Year's resolutions because I've realized I don't really change, so I've chosen to focus on liking myself as I am (the good, the bad, the ugly).

That being said, I do pick a word each year that I try to focus on, and this year my word is Gratitude.
I don't really change, either. That's why I do easy resolutions like mowing my lawn once a month.

Lol. How long does your grass typically get before you cut it?
Seriously not long. I mean in the spring when it's rainy and not hot it grows a lot, but when summer hits and it is hot and dry and I hardly water, it's really a question of how brown does it get.

But my wife got a nice promotion and we're about done with a big debt so I'm most likely going to pay to have it done. I'm just 1000% not into yard work.

My next door neighbor is also not really into lawn care so when I mow my front yard I hit his too and he does the same for me.

I used to be all-in on resolutions and did it up for New Years to cement.. every year.

Until about 6 years ago when, out of the blue, I said **** it.

Just woke up that that was stupid.

I’m really proud of my approach for the coming year. Feels better than any I’ve ever promised myself.

I’ve got steaks coming off the grill right now.. but will share the deets later.. and YOU WILL WANT TO DO THIS if you’re part of a family with kids..