What's new

Okay how do you guys feel about your drafts?

@tfivas You gotta love what the Bucs have done. Got one of the top four LT’s for Brady and then got a potential stud safety. I forget what else

@Thee jazz fan You too have had a great draft. I forget the particulars. The SC DT and then another high end player in round two. I wanna say the ASU wr iirc. You just traded Breida too.

The Fins crushed it. If Tua is healthy they absolutely hit a grand slam. Him, Breida for a 5th, Jackson who is just 20 and could develop into a really good OT, and a ton of other picks—they had so many.

My Eagles. Ugh. Hated things for the most part. I don’t know. I think with Reagor you throw 2019 out the window. His 2018 film looks tremendous. Maybe a half step worse than Tyreek type. Him, with DJax healthy (hopefully) should help a ton this year. We traded for Goodwin. Not sure why. The guy will play one half of a game and be out for the year. Whatevs. Again, more insane speed for the team which is cool I guess. I hated the Hurts pick. I absolutely love the kid but the pick blows. He’s basically Tebow. Great character. Mediocre 40 time (he ran a 4.59) so not particularly fast or quick or elusive, and a mediocre passer. Had the Ravens taken him, it would’ve made more sense with the creative complexity they could work into their formations. We have Wentz back there which severely limits those possibilities. Moreover, it creates an unnecessary controversy. Lastly, we had ****ing needs. At LB most of all imo. And Baun from Wiscy was there who I think will be a very good pro. I just didn’t get it. If you put Hurts under center or from shotgun formation, all teams know he’s going to either throw or run. Doesn’t add some huge creative possibilities out there. Whatevs. I’m hopeful that I’ll be wrong. His best use would be as a third rb and to use him out of the backfield 3-4x a game. But under center and ****, no. It never works. Let Wentz get into a rhythm. Don’t take him out two series a game. And so far as Howie Roseman’s logic that we got a great asset, that’s ********. If they had had a shot at Herbert, shluld they have drafted him? No. **** no. Team needs at a certain point far outweigh the perceived value of a guy who’s value is only going to diminish over the next 1-3 years sitting on the bench. Are we going to be able to get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him in the future? I’d put those odds at about 20%. Not high enough to warrant that pick. Whatevs.

With Staley retiring it was a clutch move by SF trading for Trent Williams was huge. I’ll miss Staley. Was here his entire career, end of an era, big personality, leader, locker room guy, the Joe Ingles of the 49ers

I'm a fair-weather Niners fan. I like their draft/moves and how the cleared some salary. At least it's coherent.

Liked the Buccs draft. Shocked Wirfs fell to us and Winfield is solid.

Eagles had a very weird draft. The Hurts pick was surprising.

Was hoping Wirfs would fall to my Jets. Becton better be good.

Edit:
I just realized how that sounds. Let me explain. I thought Wirfs would be gone by the time the Jets drafted. I was surprised the Jets didn’t take him. Becton better be really good and keep his weight down.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Can’t wait til we snag Clowney in a couple days, re-sign Peters, and steal Carlos Hyde at a bargain basement price.

Howie Roseman runs circles around the league.

Was contemplating some things. I had the thought that the 49ers, this year or next should move Sherman from CB to safety. Think it’s a wise move with him getting older on the down slide of his career. He is so football savvy, and good at reading plays, knowing what’s going to happen, he could get a lot more turnovers for the defense.

Was contemplating some things. I had the thought that the 49ers, this year or next should move Sherman from CB to safety. Think it’s a wise move with him getting older on the down slide of his career. He is so football savvy, and good at reading plays, knowing what’s going to happen, he could get a lot more turnovers for the defense.

Meh. He’s already 32. Doubt he has more than one solid year left in him.