What's new

NFL Players Show of Solidarity

Boondocksaint27

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/s...Vikings-players-show-union-sol?urn=nfl-268770

Not sure if the mods are going to want to link this with the Vikings-Saints game thread or not. I figured it warranted it's own thread.

Minutes before the New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings kicked off the 2010 NFL season, players from both teams stepped on the field and raised one finger into the air in a show of union solidarity.

Interesting timing on this. I think if the players union wanted to send a message to the owners then it was certainly successful. I don't know where I stand on this issue. On the one hand grown men get paid millions of dollars to play a game. On the other hand it is a very physically demanding game and it's not just about current players, but past and future players as well. Historically speaking, from what I understand, former players didn't get treated very well as far as benefits and medical problems caused from their playing years. All I know for sure right now is that I DO NOT want a lockout next season. Thoughts?

Yea and according to some they chose to do this during the national anthem. If so my response is WTF were you thinking. But I did not see it so I'm not sure.

If not I'm with others in saying. Keep you business issues off the damn field and settle them behind closed doors or in the press. I want to be entertained and I don't give a **** about your labor strife in this economy. If your trying to get the fans behind you by doing this you failed with me. I want football. I don't particularly care how that goes about happening.

Yea and according to some they chose to do this during the national anthem. If so my response is WTF were you thinking. But I did not see it so I'm not sure.

If not I'm with others in saying. Keep you business issues off the damn field and settle them behind closed doors or in the press. I want to be entertained and I don't give a **** about your labor strife in this economy. If your trying to get the fans behind you by doing this you failed with me. I want football. I don't particularly care how that goes about happening.

Quite possibly your best post ever. +1