What's new

Nikola Mirotic

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
Apparently he's being shopped.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/...de-rumors-nikola-miroti-being-shopped-212019/

He's a mobile 6'10" PF with range, shooting 50% FG and 46% 3pt. He's a poor defender, but exactly what the Jazz need next to Rudy to space the floor at the 4 position. With Lauri being the future and Portis underwhelming they are in need of a defensive C. They're in rebuilding mode and they can either choose to resign him, or he leaves and opens up more Cap space for the Bulls.

Would you trade Favors for Mirotic straight up? Throw in a pick or two to sweeten the deal? Would that get it done?

Flame away, dickheads.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/...de-rumors-nikola-miroti-being-shopped-212019/

He's a mobile 6'10" PF with range, shooting 50% FG and 46% 3pt. He's a poor defender, but exactly what the Jazz need next to Rudy to space the floor at the 4 position. With Lauri being the future and Portis underwhelming they are in need of a defensive C. They're in rebuilding mode and they can either choose to resign him, or he leaves and opens up more Cap space for the Bulls.

Would you trade Favors for Mirotic straight up? Throw in a pick or two to sweeten the deal? Would that get it done?

Flame away, dickheads.

****... just posted this in the Would you trade thread. will copy and paste my thoughts.

I think we are the front runner when Nikola Mirotic becomes available. He has a no trade clause so if he doesn't like the situation he can nix the deal... will suppress his trade value a bit. I think Chicago will absolutely move him before the deadline and I'd like to have him. As I have read about him I think he has a bit of a different personality that may rub some the wrong way, but I think he's one of those guys that if you make sure he feels valued that he will be be just fine.

Having a defined role and a starting spot on a good team I think would help him have sustained success.

As far as trade assets I would offer a combo of expirings and our second round pick. We could send Favs+Jonas+2nd for Mirotic for example. Both Jonas an Niko have an unguaranteed 2nd year... this way we give them some of the contract fodder they may need to swing a draft night deal.

Predicting trades in the NBA is tough but I think this one has a legit shot at happening. Not a ton of teams have the expirings to match Niko's contract and I don't see anyone willing to pony up a first for him.

Flame away, dickheads.

So he will be moved after Jan 15th... I don't expect him to the 46% 3 point shooter all season, but 40% not out of the question and is good enough.

I would think of him as a big Jonas Jerebko upgrade on offense. He can get his shot off faster and can draw fouls in the pump fake and go drives. Would be a great fit imo.

His defense is meh but not Kanter like. He's always been great in Real Plus Minus. Dude is 26 and we can use this year as his tryout... We can decide to retain him or not and worst case his contract would help facilitate deals on draft night. I think it would be a low cost high upside deal.

He has some personality quirks... kind of has that Euro confidence that might come out as overly cocky. I'm fine with it as I think we have enough steady personalities to work with him.

He is shooting a ton, but we kind of need that honestly. A guy shot hunting wouldn't be the worst thing for us given out construct and sometimes passive players.

I’d do it but I’m not certain what they’re looking for in return currently.

I’d do it but I’m not certain what they’re looking for in return currently.

I think they would want expiring contracts and draft assets, but I can't see a team ponying up a first... you have to add in the fact that this is essentially a contract year for Niko and he has a no-trade clause. So teams like the Wizards and Raptors might be interested, but if he isn't going to be a starter and doesn't think his option will get picked up by the team he can just nix the deal.

I think expirings and a good second are basically as good as it will get for them. I think the situation will come to a head if they don't move him as he deserves more playing time and they don't have it with Lauri, Lopez, Portis all healthy now... he's been a good soldier but that could certainly change.

There are variations we could do as well where we send Favs to Milwaukee and Teletovic and DJ Wilson could go to Chicago, or Favs to Phoenix and Monroe and Phx second to Chicago.

I don't think management wants the team to keep winning either. This was supposed to be the tank year and they are screwing that up.

My only concern was the run in with Portis and his apparent attitude issues. Gotta be careful with our tight-nit locker room.

I think they would want expiring contracts and draft assets, but I can't see a team ponying up a first... you have to add in the fact that this is essentially a contract year for Niko and he has a no-trade clause. So teams like the Wizards and Raptors might be interested, but if he isn't going to be a starter and doesn't think his option will get picked up by the team he can just nix the deal.

I think expirings and a good second are basically as good as it will get for them. I think the situation will come to a head if they don't move him as he deserves more playing time and they don't have it with Lauri, Lopez, Portis all healthy now... he's been a good soldier but that could certainly change.
If we got him for an expiring and a second then that’s a huge steal.

I doubt the Jazz can get him. The Bulls have no need for Favors and they can get more in a trade. Mirotic might be the most sought after player in the trade market currently. Wouldn't be suprised to see some contender give up a 1st round pick for him. What can Utah really give up that the Bulls want? Even if you were willing to put Hood in, they have LaVine (who is just a higher upside version of what Hood brings). Who knows though, maybe they really like Hood. That would probably be the only way the Jazz can get him (unless they want to trade a pick).

Oh, and Mirotic has veto rights on any trade, so he might not even want to come to Utah.

My only concern was the run in with Portis and his apparent attitude issues. Gotta be careful with our tight-nit locker room.

I think it was misguided competitiveness. He seems to rub people the wrong way sometimes... I read something he said after a game and I thought this guy seems like an *** sometimes... then I watched they actual interview and I think it is in part due to English not being his first language. It just kind of comes out weird.

Yeah I don’t think so either but my statement holds true.

In any case, which contenders do you think would want him?

Here is how you do this... which contenders have a first and matching expirings to give? i think he will value playing time as much or more than anything... so which contenders have a path to starter minutes or close to it?

I don't think there is a huge market for him. I don't think it will take Hood and Favs. I agree they likely wouldn't want Favs, but it can expand to a three team deal where the team that wants Favs can give up something.

They might try to offload RoLo in the deal too... that would be very hard for us to do.

Here is how you do this... which contenders have a first and matching expirings to give? i think he will value playing time as much or more than anything... so which contenders have a path to starter minutes or close to it?

I don't think there is a huge market for him. I don't think it will take Hood and Favs. I agree they likely wouldn't want Favs, but it can expand to a three team deal where the team that wants Favs can give up something.

They might try to offload RoLo in the deal too... that would be very hard for us to do.
1. I think it will take Hood
2. I doubt they are trying to offload anyone. They are barely at the salary floor as is.
3. He said he would accept any trade to a contender
4. No team wants Favors that much to give the Bulls anything to complete a 3 team trade. The center trade market is just too stacked.

Only if they can package him with Bobby Portis, lol.

Why are they shopping him? Relatively cheap. Team option next year. He's performing way above his pay grade.

If they can find a way to dump Lopez then they're in great shape cap wise - even if LaVine gets a huge RFA offer.