What's new

Game Thread Oct 22, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-22-21

Sweet. I always like watching the Kings because Fox is one of my favorite non-Jazz players. The dude is ice-cold.

The Kings actually have some depth - nothing like we do - but I think they'll be entertaining to watch. Their record may not be great during this season but they'll at least be competitive in a lot of games.

Sweet. I always like watching the Kings because Fox is one of my favorite non-Jazz players. The dude is ice-cold.

The Kings actually have some depth - nothing like we do - but I think they'll be entertaining to watch. Their record may not be great during this season but they'll at least be competitive in a lot of games.
They’re dangerous up until the moment of the season when they finally realize they suck. That takes at least 15-20 games. This one won’t be easy. Is this their home opener?

I’ve heard Divac did a really good job with drafting and personnel so this should be an L.

Just looked at their box score vs the Blazers. Bagley got a DNP-coaches decision. Didn’t realize things were this bad with him.

Apparently there’s some rule where if he doesn’t play a certain amount of games/minutes his qualifying offer gets cut in half. His agent tweeted something about it implying some foul play.

Apparently there’s some rule where if he doesn’t play a certain amount of games/minutes his qualifying offer gets cut in half. His agent tweeted something about it implying some foul play.
there's no foul play in involved.. unless ur talking bout the quality of Bagley's defense at the C spot which is certainly foul.

Mo Harkless is WAY better defensively than Marvin.. It's not close..

Also Richaun Holmes n Marvin dont work well together whatsoever, especially a team like Utah will just bombard them in the paint..

If Marvin n his (fathers) camp behaved the way he has in Sacramento here in Utah, im 100% sure this forum would unite in its hatred of their antics... Said antics would quickly be compared to Trey Burke n his parents

Last edited:
It is. They beat Portland their first away game. Harrison Barnes scored 36 points which was... interesting.

Game two for the Jazz = 82-0 bizzles!!!
Harrison Barnes is really good, the best basketball in his career is being player rn under Luke Walton.... He averaged almost 4 assists per game last szn!

People thought that contract was, only Sacramento would give him that... @Wes Mantooth lookin at u... Turns out 4 years 85 mill for his production is relatively cheap...

Plenty of reports this summer indicate lots of teams were trying to trade for him...

The idea floated around here for years that Barnes wasn't good enough to have filled in for Gordon Hayward was misdirected.. Turns out clearly he is/was..

Last edited:
Davion Mitchell playing defense on Donovan Mitchell should be a good show tho... Veddy interested to see that... Lillard went 0-9 from 3 in the season opener n Mitchell appeared to be doing a good job vs him and McCollum, really made em work.

Also Fox vs Conley is usually fun to watch as well... Battle of the lefty pg's, u have the old guard trying to use his experience n savvy vs prime years Fox

I have definitely seen Fox block a few of Conley's jumpers/stepbacks over the years,I like to think that if Conley can sorta play mistake free around Fox's defense thats a big win for him n the Jazz. If u look closely u will see Fox trying to constantly invade his space to see if he can get away with crowding him... No one really has recovery speed quite like him, so its a most excellent test IMHO.. IMO this is the type of game where u want Conley stacking assists n not shooting so many jumpers..

Last edited:
After a spectacular rookie season Tyrese Haliburton has been low key slow to come around so far in preseason... He's definitely like way long overdue for a big breakout game.. IDK how the Kings can keep Utah from dominating the paint so they could use him waking up tn..

Jazz own the kings. They have won 8 of last 9, and mostly in blowouts.
Rudys a nightmare matchup for them of the highest order...Their starting C Richaun Holmes is legit 6'9.... They r built to almost concede these games, it's why Vlade was foolish to pass on Jaren Jackson n Mo Bamba (along with Luka obviously), whod fit their roster excellently for Bagley...

This years Kings team is much better than the last few though... Much tougher defensively.. I suspect the Kings r better than people realize..

there's no foul play in involved.. unless ur talking bout the quality of Bagley's defense at the C spot which is certainly foul.

Mo Harkless is WAY better defensively than Marvin.. It's not close..

Also Richaun Holmes n Marvin dont work well together whatsoever, especially a team like Utah will just bombard them in the paint..

If Marvin n his (fathers) camp behaved the way he has in Sacramento here in Utah, im 100% sure this forum would unite in its hatred of their antics... Said antics would quickly be compared to Trey Burke n his parents

It was his agent that said it not me. I don’t really have an option if she should be playing over Tristan Thompson or not, they both suck and that’s about as far as my opinion goes. Obviously an agent is going to take his clients side.

His agent basically said that they both turned downs trades for him but also have no interest in playing him. To that end I think the agent has a point. If you think a player is trash that’s fine, you don’t have to play him. It helps no one to keep a player you have no plans for.