Official BYU homer thread

Ron Mexico

Contributor
Damn I just looked at the box score then looked at the players. Childs is 6'8" and shooting 50% from 3. Is here going to get drafted? He is a senior though.

Also Haws might be the most BYU looking kid ever. They should put him on the cover of everything about the school.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Damn I just looked at the box score then looked at the players. Childs is 6'8" and shooting 50% from 3. Is here going to get drafted? He is a senior though.

Also Haws might be the most BYU looking kid ever. They should put him on the cover of everything about the school.
Child's should get drafted. He is good.
Good movies around the basket, good size, athletic, can shoot it a little.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
BYU vs Navy on monday night (labor day) primetime tv on espn. Good way to start out the season. Should have a lot of viewers for that game.
Hopefully give the country a good show!
Really really sucks that bushman blew his achilles out. They had a ranking of BYU's best players for this season a few days ago and everyone had bushman as the number 1 best player so of course he goes out with a season ending injury the day after the article comes out lol.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Biggest margin of victory for a BYU home opener in the history of they program.
Could have scored another touchdown at the end if they wanted to but they just knelt a couple times to give the ball back to navy.

55-3

Dominated the line of scrimmages. Especially the o-line.

Vegas had byu favored by 1.5 lol.

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
Biggest margin of victory for a BYU home opener in the history of they program.
Could have scored another touchdown at the end if they wanted to but they just knelt a couple times to give the ball back to navy.

55-3

Dominated the line of scrimmages. Especially the o-line.

Vegas had byu favored by 1.5 lol.

Not a home opener, but an *** kicking none the less. The question arises...is BYU that good, or is Navy that bad?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Not a home opener, but an *** kicking none the less. The question arises...is BYU that good, or is Navy that bad?

Ya I meant season opener.
Little of both I think. I think navy will improve a lot as the season goes on.

One thing I feel really good about byu, and I felt this way before tonight's game, is that their o-line is legit. I'm pretty confident at least 2 of their o-line guys will be in the nfl and possibly 4 of them.
They are big, athletic, talented, and experienced.

The rest of the roster it's hard to say because that was just a weird game that's not truly indicative of either team. I do really like byu's linebacking group though too and I feel confident in saying that this is sitake most talented team overall that he has had.

I worry about the weapons at wide receiver and I think the running backs are just ok but nothing great.
I like the secondary. I think the d line will be stout againt the run but worry about the pass rush (like always). I still don't know what think about wilson but at least byu has good depth at the qb position. Really need wilson to be great.

Archie Moses

BYU looked good but Navy looked terrible.
I think it's irresponsible for their coaches to not let the kids have full contact practices before their first game. That's like sending sheep to the slaughter.

The Romney kids look good. The receiver one is athletic af and the second string QB may be better than Wilson.

I found it interesting that Navy's transfer to BYU lead BYU in tackles. That's cold blooded.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
BYU looked good but Navy looked terrible.
I think it's irresponsible for their coaches to not let the kids have full contact practices before their first game. That's like sending sheep to the slaughter.

The Romney kids look good. The receiver one is athletic af and the second string QB may be better than Wilson.

I found it interesting that Navy's transfer to BYU lead BYU in tackles. That's cold blooded.
Ya tanuvasa (?) was awesome

Archie Moses

Ya tanuvasa (?) was awesome

Yeah, that's who it was. I had the BYU game playing on my phone and the NBA playing on my TV. I watched the first quarter (most of it at least) and it was obvious BYU was better. Every time I picked my phone up to watch the game, BYU was making plays.

I expect BYU to beat Navy but also thought Navy could be gritty - they were soft. BYU looked great. That's why it's such a great question. Is BYU good or is Navy bad? If it's both, to which degree?

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
So byu lost the player who most people think I'd their best, for the season before game one (Matt bushman). This week they lost Ah You who is one of their top defensive players for season.
Plus the team had a number of players get the covid and have a handful of guys out due to that.

No fans tonight.

I don't know what to think about this game. Byu is favored by 14 but I'm not overly confident, that's for sure.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
So byu has outscored thier opponents 103-10. And in both games they had the ball at the end right at the goal line so it could have easily been 117-10.
Have had a bunch of injuries (a couple of season ending ones) and guys out for covid too.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Byu added more Boise state (in boise) to the schedule yesterday and today they added San Diego State (in Provo)
Couple of nice additions