Official BYU homer thread

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
45-14 tonight.
Byu qb Zach Wilson stat line: 24-26 for 325 yards and 2 touchdowns with no interceptions and 8 carries for 43 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Not bad

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
One interesting thing about the season so far. Usually when you win by the type of margins that byu has this year you are going to have a few lucky/fluky plays. So far this season byu has no kickoff returns for TD, no punt returns for TD, no interceptions returned for TD, and no fumble recover returns for TD.
They have been doing it with great execution alone.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Wow, they actually moved up to #13 in one of the polls and stayed at #15 in the other.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Pretty big game tonight. Houston has a lot of talent, its on the road, its the first time playing in front of fans and BYU's #1 defensive player is out and didn't travel with the team (kyris tonga)
From everything I have read about this matchup, it should be a high scoring shootout that goes down to the wire.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I don’t know how the DC still has a job. Every freaking year it’s more of this same crap. Terrible game plan and no adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Exactly what I WAS thinking but then the defense stopped them on 5 consecutive possession to finish the game.

Great finish by the entire team.

I love Sitake btw. The surprise on sides kick, going for it on 4th very often, he is aggressive and his personality is fantastic. Perfect personality and type of person to be the coach at BYU.

I still don't know if he is a good coach or not or a good recruiter or not but I think he is a fantastic human being and if I were a football player I would love to play for him.

Wes Mantooth

Exactly what I WAS thinking but then the defense stopped them on 5 consecutive possession to finish the game.

Great finish by the entire team.

I love Sitake btw. The surprise on sides kick, going for it on 4th very often, he is aggressive and his personality is fantastic. Perfect personality and type of person to be the coach at BYU.

I still don't know if he is a good coach or not or a good recruiter or not but I think he is a fantastic human being and if I were a football player I would love to play for him.

How’s their recruiting been the last couple years?

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
How’s their recruiting been the last couple years?
Ranking wise, not very good. In the 60's and 70's iirc.
However I have really liked the type of players they have recruited under sitake. He seems to recruit physical attributes more than skill/stats/star rankings.
BYU has more speed in the secondary than I can ever remember seeing for instance but they don't have big time recruits coming out of high school.
Offensive line recruiting has been amazing. They might have 3 o-line on their current starting lineup get drafted.

Their biggest weakness by far imo is that they don't have an nfl d-line edge rusher. There is a freshman with some promise there but they lack any d lineman that you can count on to beat their man and get to the qb.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Wouldn’t be surprised to see them get far worse as a team over the next few years.
I would be surprised. They have a stable of great qb's. (Including a very very very highly recruited 4 star freshman that all the elite programs wanted) Really good young secondary. Some good and fast young running backs. Always have good tight ends. O line recruiting has been phenomenal. Always have solid linebackers.

Need to recruit better wide receivers and d line pass rushers though for sure.

Really need to get into a P5 conference to ever really be anything more than a good G5 program though. No reason they can't be like boise state but to be more than that they need to get into a P5 conference in the next re-alignment. I think they will