What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

McDaniels will still start.

There will be rust and it wasn't working all that great when he bowed out. Anderson/McDaniels/Rudy allows for a tough defense. Throwing Towns in there will be an adjustment. A 1-2 game adjustment period may provide just enough of a stutter to help keep them in the 10 spot.
One of their beat writers said Kyle Anderson will start. They have groomed him to play 3 lately so makes sense in that way as well.

But yeah thats a good point. KAT and Rudy together on the court looked really awkward at times.. and both guys numbers were down a lot early season.

One of their beat writers said Kyle Anderson will start. They have groomed him to play 3 lately so makes sense in that way as well.

But yeah thats a good point. KAT and Rudy together on the court looked really awkward at times.. and both guys numbers were down a lot early season.
Actually I take that back. It wasnt that he was gonna start, just some speculation about possible lineups.

Here is the tweet.

View: https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1638308593387679744?s=20

They are going to start Conley/McDaniels/Anderson/KAT/Gobert probably unless they are trying to ease KAT in, then they will start Prince.

Prince or Anderson will come out of the starting lineup before Jaden... Jaden is their third best player and might legit be the best perimeter defender in the league this year. I would be floored if that is who lost the starting gig.

They may bring KAT off the bench for a game or two if he has a minutes restriction.

Prince or Anderson will come out of the starting lineup before Jaden... Jaden is their third best player and might legit be the best perimeter defender in the league this year. I would be floored if that is who lost the starting gig.

They may bring KAT off the bench for a game or two if he has a minutes restriction.
Yeah I wasnt thinking the lineup without Ant.. rather the actual starting lineup once Ant comes back as well.

Mike/Ant/Jaden/KAT/Rudy would be my choice as well.. but that lineup with DLo had 108 offensive rating in 260 minutes early this year so they might mix it up.

I have almost no faith in LA (to beat Phoenix), Dallas (to beat Golden State), Atlanta (to beat Minnesota) or for Utah to lose to Portland.

I’d love to be wrong, but I’m pretty sure when it’s all said and done that Utah and Minnesota will both pull away with the last two play-in spots. Could even see both teams jumping Dallas before it’s over.

Not sure that will hold tbh. Mike changes a lot of the dynamics. I think an infusion of offense is going to help more than hurt them.
Their defense is quite good... I think KAT could really disrupt that. At very least I think the adjustment period of a few games will hopefully drag them down. Next 5 are tough... final 4 games not so much.

If they can go .500 over their last 10 games, that would probably be a great result for Utah. Would love for it to be worse for them than that, but I’m not buying it anymore.

I keep thinking they’re going to fall off a cliff and it hasn’t happened yet. Would be thrilled to get a lottery pick out of them, but nobody below us seems to want it bad enough to overtake them.

I don't have much hope for tonight's game. The Hawks suck and are on a back-to-back, plus the Wolves completely blew them out a few games ago.

I don't have much hope for tonight's game. The Hawks suck and are on a back-to-back, plus the Wolves completely blew them out a few games ago.
That’s the thing with the Wolves though… they win games they shouldn’t and no show on games they should win easily. Every game is full of equal amounts of hope and fear… their fans should be eligible for free therapy or something.

That’s the thing with the Wolves though… they win games they shouldn’t and no show on games they should win easily. Every game is full of equal amounts of hope and fear… their fans should be eligible for free therapy or something.

That's true...they're a very strange and unpredictable team. Maybe KAT coming back will mess them up too, he has to be pretty rusty after missing so much time.

That's true...they're a very strange and unpredictable team. Maybe KAT coming back will mess them up too, he has to be pretty rusty after missing so much time.
Ant is also questionable... which would really help.