What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Seriously though, either the bottom falls out now for the Sixers or Embiid does a massive carry on a bum foot, jeopardizing the future part of the season. They aren't coming out of the next 15 ten and five like Harden was the problem all along. Harden has played well, the rest of Philly's pieces are massively overrated.

And Brooklyn? They aren't getting anywhere near the play in. The east is way better than that.

I just think is is hilarious that it is now theoretically possible for Royce to turn into a generational pick. Does anyone know if the 'worst' pick is where it is at the end of the season or after the lottery results?
Good question
After lottery results. So say it ended up 11th and that pick jumped into the top-4 then Brooklyn is keeping it and we’re getting Brooklyn’s pick unless it was somehow higher.
Bad answer (as in I dont like it, that sucks!)

With the Nets turmoil already alive and Houston tanking. Phil even with Beard out is the pick that is headed this way without question imo.
Bet it ends up at 20 . 20+ 20-24 from Wolves, easily gets Jazz a decent young player drafted in the past couple seasons or gets them a higher pick 2 for one trade up.
I bet Houston is top 8 easy and Nets not far behind

If I’m the Nets, I think it’s time to hit the reset button and pawn KD and Irving off for picks. They are going nowhere and should clean house.

If I’m the Nets, I think it’s time to hit the reset button and pawn KD and Irving off for picks. They are going nowhere and should clean house.
If they are going to do it then this is the year because Houston only has swap rights this year so they are pretty much guaranteed to get a top 7 pick. Unfortunately I don't think Kyrie has hardly any value so that is kind of a lost asset. KD should still bring back a pretty good haul though.

Nets suspend Ky for 5 games. He will not be happy and ain't the type to say sorry... I don't think they can force him to make an apology here. I think he digs in harder and either Brooklyn bends or he never plays for them again. He going full Kanye.
Surprisingly (and refreshingly) he apologized.

If they are going to do it then this is the year because Houston only has swap rights this year so they are pretty much guaranteed to get a top 7 pick. Unfortunately I don't think Kyrie has hardly any value so that is kind of a lost asset. KD should still bring back a pretty good haul though.
Just not as much as gobert did though :)

Will miss like 15ish games... pretty rough schedule. I assume Joel gets over his non-covid illness but he looked slow and out of shape... not sure being sick helped.

If they go like 6-9ish in those games it will be an uphill battle. Leaning harder on Embiid will mean more injury risk on his part.

All I really want is them to be in the play-in... anything can happen there and we end up with a lotto pick (assuming the Nets continue their downward spiral). Royce for a lotto pick would be a pretty amazing trade.
I think Embiid has looked significantly worse this year. Less aggressive, less confident. I wonder if last year MVP result has anything to do with it...

I think Embiid has looked significantly worse this year. Less aggressive, less confident. I wonder if last year MVP result has anything to do with it...
He is dealing plantar fasciitis. That is something that can linger all year unless he sits for an extended period of time.

Where's that dude that wanted to bet with me about the Timberwolves record? I remember everyone here saying that they'd be a championship caliber team cause of top 10 player, Rudy Goatbert.

I'm starting to wonder if Durant is the player the Lakers might be willing to trade Westbrook and the first round picks in 2027 and 2029 to get.

I'm starting to wonder if Durant is the player the Lakers might be willing to trade Westbrook and the first round picks in 2027 and 2029 to get.
The Nets can get far more than that for KD. The Lakers can't trade for a top tier star with their assets. They can get a guy who is a borderline all star.