What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Utah

36-42

As of today would be the #9 pick in the draft.

Minnesota

39-40

As of today would be tied for the #13 pick in the draft.

Philadelphia

51-27

As of today would be the #27 pick in the draft.

We own Minnesota’s pick unprotected and get the lesser of Brooklyn/Philadelphia/Houston’s picks.

Last edited:
Nets lost and Ben Simmons looks like a poor man’s Bruce brown… Philly vibes are garbage right now.

Would be insane if the Wolves miss the playoffs. I’d be here for it though.
The league is so competitive that any type of long term injury to Gobert, Kat or Ant would likely make them a borderline playoff team. The same goes for the nets and sixers with Durant and Embiid. Both are injury prone players and I'm not sure either team makes the playoffs if one of those guys goes down for an extended period.

Towns hasn't looked good so far, especially defensively. Anthony Edwards is supposed to take a step and close games, and he hasn't been very reliable. Rudy seems to be doing his thing. The Gobert trade has also hurt the T'wolves' depth. Pat Bev, Beasley and Vanderbilt were all contributors. They're not a very tough or physical team right now.

Only 4 games into the season. Barring major injuries to star players, all 3 teams will most likely be in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I said this to a student yesterday. I’m not sold on Anthony Edwards being some great player. The main reason is his shot. Most great perimeter shooters have a very consistent, robotic like form. His is very loose though. I could see a lot of bad shooting nights like last night in a Carmelo type of way. That’s a way that doesn’t contribute to a lot of winning. Fortunately for us, they also lost some of their identity from last year when they lost Beverley and Vandy…and Beasley.

Now, yes, they got Gobert. But for a team who is so used to losing, it wouldn’t shock me if the Wolves struggle and having lost some of that identity, they don’t know how to right the ship, and finish 38-44 or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Our hope is that the league is so freaking deep and talented that it won't take much of a stumble for these teams to all fall out of the playoffs- so many other teams waiting to step into their spots.

Only 4 games into the season. Barring major injuries to star players, all 3 teams will most likely be in the playoffs.

The only thing the Wolves have proved is that they can beat OKC. Their schedule has been Charmin soft, 4 games against tanking teams and they are 2-2.

This season will expose KAT really. He has a more than solid front court team mate who can carry the defensive load, so can KAT step up and be the offensive juggernaut they need, and can he play at least passable D so he doesn't Mitchell everything up on that end. Those are the big questions. My guess is, no, he cannot on both. If he can get things going and they can come together as a team they can be very scary.

The only thing the Wolves have proved is that they can beat OKC. Their schedule has been Charmin soft, 4 games against tanking teams and they are 2-2.
There is an athletic article with some pretty damning quotes on the team this far… they aren’t super happy in Minny right now.

Way to early to tell what is real
Yep. You really can't get a good feel for teams until at least game 20. You also regularly see a few teams fall apart and breakout during the second half of the season ala the jazz and Celtics last year.