What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

We would be hoping to draft someone 3/4 as good as Lauri with a top-10 pick if he didn’t emerge like he has.
Right... which is why its tough to complain. I think the issue is just timeline... not that you have to have all 21 year olds. A strike out in the draft this year is pretty catastrophic to our chances at building something awesome around Lauri's timeline. We could use future picks to kinda build something less sustainable but the big upside swing is pairing Lauri with a stud from this draft.

I get it though for sure. I’m sure we could move both picks to get in the top-12 or so and get our guy. We also have tons of future picks and swaps to use if we really like someone.
Yeah... I think it would just be great if one of us or minny slipped into the top 10 and then you could pair the other pick with a Cavs pick and jump to 8-12 range. If we nabbed Black with the near top 10 pick and then somehow Hendricks or Jett or Dick were available at 17ish then no need to move up imo... I think those guys will move up as the draft process plays out.

Right... which is why its tough to complain. I think the issue is just timeline... not that you have to have all 21 year olds. A strike out in the draft this year is pretty catastrophic to our chances at building something awesome around Lauri's timeline. We could use future picks to kinda build something less sustainable but the big upside swing is pairing Lauri with a stud from this draft.

We definitely need a Kessler type of hit.

The fact that we did hit on Kessler and Ochai seems workable gives us a little more space to operate in the next draft. If both of them we still big question marks we would have needed to take high floor players with every pick.

I agree. We have a lot of room to work with considering how great Markkanen’s salary is and Kessler on a rookie contract.

The fact that we did hit on Kessler and Ochai seems workable gives us a little more space to operate in the next draft. If both of them we still big question marks we would have needed to take high floor players with every pick.
Ochai definitely looks like a long-term NBA player and has starter upside, but I think its still too early to call him a hit. We want him to be a starter or at least a very strong 20+ min player in a championship level team. Kessler is a hit for sure though.

Ochai definitely looks like a long-term NBA player and has starter upside, but I think its still too early to call him a hit. We want him to be a starter or at least a very strong 20+ min player in a championship level team. Kessler is a hit for sure though.
He looks like a rotation guy at the hardest position to hit at with huge plus athleticism. At the end of the lottery, that's a definite win.

Wolves schedule through the All Star Break

@ Pelicans
Vs. Grizzlies
Vs. Kings (2nd of B2B)
Vs. Kings
Vs. Warriors
Vs. Magic
Vs. Nuggets
@ Nuggets
@ Jazz (2nd of B2B)
@ Grizzlies
@ Mavericks
Vs. Wizards

That’s a really tough schedule - I could see them implode if their home stretch goes badly for them. Fingers crossed.
They are pretty good at home and pretty ****** on the road… so might perform okayish.

The fact that Rudy came back same night the disappoint is great as far as sowing disfunction

Its funny how some of you are so worried that Minny will not fall into top 10 lottery despite them being such a horrible team.

Ant is the biggest smoke and mirror guy of them all. Everyone seems to think he is some kind of a great player but he isnt. Yes he posted 31 points with 60% 3P shooting but he had 6 super ugly turnovers and while they try to hide him defending old man Gordon Rockets figured theyd switch Ant on Jalen Green and it looked like this a lot of times: