What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

I personally hope both Donovan and Rudy (and Royce as well) all have individual success, while their teams crash and burn whenever it would lead to an optimal pick for the Jazz. I want those trades to turn into franchise players in the draft.

This

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

My view on the whole Rudy/our picks debate is a bit schizofrenic: I would like Minnesota to be either great and see Rudy get a trophy or to flat out suck so bad that our pick becomes great. I would be happy for Rudy if he won a ring but it would be also great if Minny collapsed really bad. I am afraid in the end they will be solid but not a real contender which sucks for us and doesn't really mean a real succes for Rudy.

I have no opinion on the thoughts of a person who's sort-of trolling at least half the time. Just on the meaning of the text.

Oh my bad. Well then i appreciate your interpretation of the meaning of the text. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Another nice night so far with the lakers and clippers winning so far. It would be nice to see the Pelicans win as well but I highly doubt that happens against the nugs at home.

Holy ****, I haven't followed super closely, I had no idea the Pelicans were on a 9 game losing streak. I know Zion has been out, and BI coming back, but that's rough for a team a lot of people were calling the deepest in the league.

Minnesota plays Golden State tonight which is great for us.
Big swing game… loss to Kings was great… we just need them in the play in. Any separation the top 6 can get is gold. Lots of ground can be gained or lost tonight.

Also I think the Jazz actually play basketball tonight which I didn’t think happened anymore. This road trip might be the mail in the coffin for Raps… though every team in the East is like 2 games out of the play in… a real limp to the finish going on over there.

I'm not sure why people wouldn't like D'Angelo. He can score as well as Clarkson and is a better shooter, plus he's a good passer. He's pretty much better in most ways than Clarkson and younger. He isn't a good defender but Clarkson is pretty much at the bottom in that area. Pair him with a good defender who can shoot and we're in business at guard.

He is an expiring though. So maybe someone to look at in FA. Can we get him and Trent jr in FA? Pretty much impossible but would be a huge upgrade for us.

I'm not sure why people wouldn't like D'Angelo. He can score as well as Clarkson and is a better shooter, plus he's a good passer. He's pretty much better in most ways than Clarkson and younger. He isn't a good defender but Clarkson is pretty much at the bottom in that area. Pair him with a good defender who can shoot and we're in business at guard.

He is an expiring though. So maybe someone to look at in FA. Can we get him and Trent jr in FA? Pretty much impossible but would be a huge upgrade for us.
That next contract is the problem

I would not want him long term... if it was just as an expiring and it cleans the books then whatevs. He's just not a guy you want to bank on if you are trying to win at the highest levels. When he's hot he's awesome... when he sucks he can crater the whole team.

I would not want him long term... if it was just as an expiring and it cleans the books then whatevs. He's just not a guy you want to bank on if you are trying to win at the highest levels. When he's hot he's awesome... when he sucks he can crater the whole team.
That sounds exactly like the description of Clarkson. He is hot and cold but unlike Clarkson he also passes and gets teammates involved. He also shoots much less and less ball dominant. I think he has figured a lot out. Younger players that aren't stars but think they will be take awhile to play winning basketball. I do think there are possibly better options. But giving up Conley for a half season to see how he fits is a no brainer to me especially when you can let him walk if it isn't working. That's assuming we can make that trade.

That next contract is the problem
I agree it depends on the price but I think it will be slightly less than his last one which is pretty reasonable with the salary cap jumps coming up. Clarkson and D'Angelo might be close in their next contract and it's not close who I prefer.

Holy ****, I haven't followed super closely, I had no idea the Pelicans were on a 9 game losing streak. I know Zion has been out, and BI coming back, but that's rough for a team a lot of people were calling the deepest in the league.
This is a big reason I’d like to see the Jazz deal with the Lakers at the deadline. Swap that Lakers/Pels pick with the Nets/76ers pick and the Jazz should have the opportunity to move way up from that spot.

Lakers get better and keep the Pels from getting Wemby, while the Jazz improve their draft capital this year.

Another nice night so far with the lakers and clippers winning so far. It would be nice to see the Pelicans win as well but I highly doubt that happens against the nugs at home.
I watched the Lakers game, and it was SO painful to see it basically devolve into Westbrook, LeBron and AD dominating the ball. Lakers need to move Westbrook before their season is too far gone to fix.

Good slate of games tonight. Teams we want to win in bold:
- Nets at Celtics
- Magic at Sixers
- Warriors at T'wolves
- Thunder at Rockets
Technically, I think we'd want the Blazers to beat the Grizzlies, but there are positive aspects to either outcome.

The last two minutes of a game I want Clarkson all day long. He's that go to iso scorer people keep talking about at a fraction of the normal cost.