What's new

OPJ FTW

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I’ve liked him since the draft, and pushed the idea for a while, but it’s now time to go full Mirotic —> Morris —> OPJ.

DL can add this to his list of “things I should have listened to infection on.”

How do we get him? A 3-team deal with Philly wherein we send Conley to Philly, Philly sends Tobias to Chi, and we get OPJ? Is there any other scenario that even has a whiff of probability to it? (Not that this scenario has much of a whiff).

I have some serious health concerns on him. Otherwise I'd be very much on board with figuring out how to get him.

How do we get him? A 3-team deal with Philly wherein we send Conley to Philly, Philly sends Tobias to Chi, and we get OPJ? Is there any other scenario that even has a whiff of probability to it? (Not that this scenario has much of a whiff).
Chicago now has a new GM... he was the Denver assistant so likely has DL's number blocked. I'm not sure what mode they will operate in. A conley for OP jr. deal straight up ain't happing. They already have too many guards that need playing time. I could see them interested in Al or Tobias. Al being the old head that teaches the young bigs how to defend. Tobias being a healthy combo forward to fill in the gaps. Both have bad contracts so likely Philly kicks in some draft capital.

If Chicago is wanting to make a push, then an argument can be made of them getting a Conley. And I know nobody would want to hear this, but I’d toss in our first rounder if we needed. **** the draft. If Tucker has any value, throw him and TB in.

If Chicago is wanting to make a push, then an argument can be made of them getting a Conley. And I know nobody would want to hear this, but I’d toss in our first rounder if we needed. **** the draft. If Tucker has any value, throw him and TB in.
I don’t see anyway that Chi wants Conley. But what do I know.

I can see why Philly would want him. And I think they have the defensive length to put around him.

And I think they’re desperate to offload Horford and Tobias.

I don’t see anyway that Chi wants Conley. But what do I know.

I can see why Philly would want him. And I think they have the defensive length to put around him.

And I think they’re desperate to offload Horford and Tobias.
The biggest barrier to overcome is DL’s strong desire to vindicate himself.

Bruh but what happens when someone puts their hands up on his hips?

I think Philly would do Al Horford, Zhaire Smith, and their 2021 1st for Mike Conley... so would Chicago take that Philly package for OP Jr.? If you are saying add in our first (draft night after we can select for them) then I think they'd have a hard time saying no to that tbh. Just depends on their long-term cap plans.

Al to Chicago makes a lot of sense. Gives them a defensive presence in the frontcourt to help Carter Jr. grow and develop. Helps their young guards with his amazing/semi-legal screening. Might depend on what they do in the draft too.

Where’s any recent evidence that Conley can be instrumental in this “push” you referenced for Chicago?
See Memphis Mike. I know he's not some super star, but OPJ isn't a guy you can give a team to and say "go to work."

Someone in the FO also needs to significantly push the Exum -> Clarkson example of what good can come from not being so rigid in squeezing value out of whatever mistakes you've made.

See Memphis Mike. I know he's not some super star, but OPJ isn't a guy you can give a team to and say "go to work."
Chicago’s backcourt is too crowded to do a 1 for 1 type of deal. Would need a third team that had something they want. The guys has had hip issues since college and played 15 games last year so I’d be a little wary.

Chicago’s backcourt is too crowded to do a 1 for 1 type of deal. Would need a third team that had something they want. The guys has had hip issues since college and played 15 games last year so I’d be a little wary.
Buy low.

Let’s all gather around and appreciate how big of a dumbass Elton Brand is.
Their front office situation is more complicated than just EB doe. It was a committee with a lot of Colangelo disciples. From here on out it is EB.