What's new

Pierce, Kemba, Utah

actusreus

Did this already get posted? If so, apologies. Yesterday on The Jump Paul Pierce was asked where Kemba Walker should go next year if he doesn't stay in Charlotte. He picked us. I couldn't agree more. What do you think we'd need to shed to get him? Would he fit here?

Here's the link:

I like him. My dream would be have him as our 3rd PG behind Conley and Rubio as the starter.
We would literally have zero drop off when our 2nd and 3rd string players came in.

Did this already get posted? If so, apologies. Yesterday on The Jump Paul Pierce was asked where Kemba Walker should go next year if he doesn't stay in Charlotte. He picked us. I couldn't agree more. What do you think we'd need to shed to get him? Would he fit here?

Until Kemba Walker says it, it doesn't mean much. Still, we can dream.

Like don't get me wrong, I would love Kemba, not that it's actually gonna happen, but if you had the chance you absolutely do it. I do wonder if a player like Kemba who is so ball dominant would negatively impact Donovan at all. I think you almost need a tier down from a star level. Like a Tobias or Brogdan would fit better IMO than a Kemba. Donovan is Batman, and he needs a Robin. I feel like Kemba is more of another Batman. Whoever you sign if given the chance I feel like needs to be someone who falls in line behind Donovan. You still want Donovan to be the cornerstone of the offense, he just needs a little help. I guess it's all in the role another guy is willing to take. I just feel Kemba is very ball dominant and could negatively impact a guy like Donovan. In no way is this saying I wouldn't love to sign Kemba because I would.

Last edited:
Like don't get me wrong, I would love Kemba, not that it's actually gonna happen, but if you had the chance you absolutely do it. I do wonder if a player like Kemba who is so ball dominant would negatively impact Donovan at all. I think you almost need a tier down from a star level. Like a Tobias or Brogdan would fit better IMO than a Kemba. Donovan is Batman, and he needs a Robin. I feel like Kemba is more of another Batman. Whoever you sign if given the chance I feel like needs to be someone who falls in line behind Donovan. You still want Donovan to be the cornerstone of the offense, he just needs a little help. I guess it's all in the role another guy is willing to take. I just feel Kemba is very ball dominant and could negatively impact a guy like Donovan. In way is this saying I wouldn't love to sign Kemba because I would.
The multiple Batman plan seems to work fine for the warriors (KD and Steph and kinda Klay) and Cavs (Bron and Kyrie) and Miami (Bron and wade) just in recent memory. Cp3 and harden make Houston pretty good too
I'm sure there are other scenarios. Magics Lakers? Birds Celtics? Duncan and Robinson or Duncan and Parker?

Having 2 many Batman's will usually be a good thing, rarely it would be a bad thing I would think.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Like don't get me wrong, I would love Kemba, not that it's actually gonna happen, but if you had the chance you absolutely do it. I do wonder if a player like Kemba who is so ball dominant would negatively impact Donovan at all. I think you almost need a tier down from a star level. Like a Tobias or Brogdan would fit better IMO than a Kemba. Donovan is Batman, and he needs a Robin. I feel like Kemba is more of another Batman. Whoever you sign if given the chance I feel like needs to be someone who falls in line behind Donovan. You still want Donovan to be the cornerstone of the offense, he just needs a little help. I guess it's all in the role another guy is willing to take. I just feel Kemba is very ball dominant and could negatively impact a guy like Donovan. In way is this saying I wouldn't love to sign Kemba because I would.
Kevin Love is going to be Donovan's Robin. Or at least his Nightwing, and Ricky will resume his role as Love's Robin.

God, I detest Byron Scott. He wants everybody to go to the Lakers. Real good commentating. As a head coach he's had 5 winning seasons (out of 15) and of those winning seasons he was 22-20 and got fired.

Scott will never have anything nice to say about the Jazz because he hates Karl Malone so much.

Just having the ability to keep Walker or Donovan in the game at all times would be so huge. Few teams really have the ability to check both Mitchell and Walker while accounting for Rudy.

Does someone with a knowledge of our salary situation know what we'd have to ship out? They said if he leaves Charlotte he drops down to $130 million from the $210 supermax. It would shock me if he did that, but assuming he did, and wanted to come here, how could we make that work while making sure to keep Mitchell, Rudy, Joe, and, I'd hope, Favors?

Like don't get me wrong, I would love Kemba, not that it's actually gonna happen, but if you had the chance you absolutely do it. I do wonder if a player like Kemba who is so ball dominant would negatively impact Donovan at all. I think you almost need a tier down from a star level. Like a Tobias or Brogdan would fit better IMO than a Kemba. Donovan is Batman, and he needs a Robin. I feel like Kemba is more of another Batman. Whoever you sign if given the chance I feel like needs to be someone who falls in line behind Donovan. You still want Donovan to be the cornerstone of the offense, he just needs a little help. I guess it's all in the role another guy is willing to take. I just feel Kemba is very ball dominant and could negatively impact a guy like Donovan. In no way is this saying I wouldn't love to sign Kemba because I would.

Obviously on offense you could make it work. Donovan probably turns into a 40% three point shooter getting to shoot set shots most of the time. On defense is where you get hurt, and ultimately why the Jazz wouldn't do it.

Does someone with a knowledge of our salary situation know what we'd have to ship out? They said if he leaves Charlotte he drops down to $130 million from the $210 supermax. It would shock me if he did that, but assuming he did, and wanted to come here, how could we make that work while making sure to keep Mitchell, Rudy, Joe, and, I'd hope, Favors?

Are we sure Charlotte is going with the $210 million supermax? If you are not doing the supermax, the fifth year is a thing, but it isn't s tremendous, lifechanging benefit. Ask Haywood.

I like Kemba, I want him here, but I'm not sure I would supermax him if I were Charlotte.

Obviously on offense you could make it work. Donovan probably turns into a 40% three point shooter getting to shoot set shots most of the time. On defense is where you get hurt, and ultimately why the Jazz wouldn't do it.

Someone like Kemba allows us to keep Favors (somehow, God willing.) The defensive drop from Ricky to Kemba isn't going to be as severe as the drop between Favors and someone like Mirotic.

Someone like Kemba allows us to keep Favors (somehow, God willing.) The defensive drop from Ricky to Kemba isn't going to be as severe as the drop between Favors and someone like Mirotic.
This.
Kemba = instant spacing even with the Wasatch Front holding it down in the paint.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Warriors say hello.

I like Ricky but I would love to see Kemba here. No doubt we would have to max him to get him here