What's new

Please fire Corbin.

reignman40

He continues to preach cheating on defense and the jazz have lost at least 5 games alone off the other team making 10+/50%+ from 3. What happened to Burks? he was playing great now I don't even remember the last time I saw him.

This is a typical jazz fan after a loss, if young guys don't play...
16314519.jpg

Not playing Burks
I'm guessing KOC has asked him to play Bell & Miles extended minutes lately to increase their trade values.

Keeping Rookies' minutes to a minimum
Team harmony. Boler said something about Big Al staying back after practice showing Kanter footwork, post moves, etc. Now that would not happened had Al not been given the respect he deserve in starting & playing big minutes. The fact still stands - he's the most expensive/experience/productive player on this team and he needs his minutes. Denying him that is bad for team chemistry/harmony.

Besides, it's a fact that both Kanter and Favors are productive and improving regardless of the kind of minutes they've been given so far. One could only assume that their production would increase given more minutes later on.

My prediction? Big Al is a loyal guy. He'll play out his contract and take a lesser role & playing a back up role & mentoring these young guys (Kanter/Favors) through the next chapter of Jazz's history.

I wish Ty would play our youngins' more as well, but as it stands, we'll probably have to wait a bit longer for that.

Not playing Burks
I'm guessing KOC has asked him to play Bell & Miles extended minutes lately to increase their trade values.

Team harmony. Boler said something about Big Al staying back after practice showing Kanter footwork, post moves, etc. Now that would not happened had Al not been given the respect he deserve in starting & playing big minutes. The fact still stands - he's the most expensive/experience/productive player on this team and he needs his minutes. Denying him that is bad for team chemistry/harmony.

Besides, it's a fact that both Kanter and Favors are productive and improving regardless of the kind of minutes they've been given so far. One could only assume that their production would increase given more minutes later on.

My prediction? Big Al is a loyal guy. He'll play out his contract and take a lesser role & playing a back up role & mentoring these young guys (Kanter/Favors) through the next chapter of Jazz's history.

I wish Ty would play our youngins' more as well, but as it stands, we'll probably have to wait a bit longer for that.

I'm enjoying your glass half full outlook.

I'm enjoying your glass half full outlook.

I think the Jazz org. as a whole is incredibly patient and conservative. Examples include:

- Sloan's tenure,
- how swiftly they dealt with DWill's trade,
- promoting Ty from Jazz's own pool of assistant coaches & being patient with his development

That obviously extends to how patient they are in developing these young guys.

The problem with letting young guys play is you can get lucky and become OKC. Or you can also get unlucky and become the Wizards or the Kings. The Jazz seems to have obviously taken the extreme caution approach - which is consistent with their core values.

I think the Jazz org. as a whole is incredibly patient and conservative. Examples include:

- Sloan's tenure,
- how swiftly they dealt with DWill's trade,
- promoting Ty from Jazz's own pool of assistant coaches & being patient with his development

That obviously extends to how patient they are in developing these young guys.

The problem with letting young guys play is you can get lucky and become OKC. Or you can also get unlucky and become the Wizards or the Kings. The Jazz seems to have obviously taken the extreme caution approach - which is consistent with their core values.

People use the OKC's model to compare to us, but that is so inaccurate. OKC got lucky and landed a top 5 talent in Durant, then got an additional top 20 talent in Westbrook (not to mention Harden, who is also great). We don't have that. We may have an eventual top 20 in Favors, and some pretty good borderline All-Stars in Kanter, Burks, and Hayward. Hopefully we can become the new Detroit Pistons one day, but with more youth.

Corbin doesn`t have the personality or bench presence to be a good head coach.

He seems like a pushover.

Not playing Burks

Careful Hottt. Reasonable explanations are not really welcome here. If somebody doesn't deserve to be fired or traded, the post is a fail.