Votes: 5 11.6%
  • No, if he refuses to sign, we need to trade him before the deadline

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Wait and see, maybe no other team will give him a better deal than our max

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Try to sign and trade him after the season

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Love me some Rudy but I would never pay a center who has absolutely no offensive moves and lacks basic eye hand coordination as far as catching a ball the super max.

If we do though, cool.

At this point, if we have to, yes. Yeah, maybe it's not a title contending move, but I'm really attached to this team, and if they can nab a third star, that elevates the team. The Lakers will be the leaders for the next two years anyway. They absolutely can not lose him with no return, and if they're forced to, just keep him.

Also, with all the big names off the table now, he has a lot more leverage in free agency. Some team will get desperate to make a move and offer him something.

Offer him a 5-year max (which no other team can match), and give him incentives that move his contract up closer to the super-max. However, those incentives need to be aggressive, like All NBA 1st Team, Top 3 MVP Finalist, NBA Finals and NBA Championship.

Last edited:
Love me some Rudy but I would never pay a center who has absolutely no offensive moves and lacks basic eye hand coordination as far as catching a ball the super max.

If we do though, cool.

He doesn’t need offensive moves. He’s invaluable to the offense with his rim pressure and screening. He’s worth every cent of whatever he gets

The system is broken. The jazz should not be in the position to possibly trade away the all nba center because of the supermax deal. My biggest problem with the supermax deal is the length of the deal. Rudy has done everything to earn it. All NBA, DOY twice and he has improved his offense regardless of what people say. He is just limited offensively. Now if he had a mid-range game and a jump hook I might consider it. I would try to find some happy medium between the max and supermax. People should not criticize him for taking the money he earned in this broken system. IF he demands it then you have to consider trading him or wait until FA to see if anyone offers him the supermax which the Jazz can match. Is it possible for the Jazz to go to Rudy and say listen we will give you the super max but we want the 4th year partial guaranteed and team option for the fifth year. i do not know if this is possible or Rudy would do that. No matter what the situation sucks.

Offer him a 5-year max (which no other team can match), and give him incentives that move his contract up closer to the super-max. However, those incentives need to be aggressive, like All NBA 1st Team, Top 3 MVP Finalist, NBA Finals and NBA Championship.
I'm on board with this.

If we make it to the finals Finals any of the first 3 years of the deal, incentives make it jump to supermax.

If we don't make it out of the first round the first 3 years, he quits the NBA and plays in Europe.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Can Favors fill in the shoes of Rudy if he decides to leave ? And who will be available to pick up in the market ?

Can Favors fill in the shoes of Rudy if he decides to leave ? And who will be available to pick up in the market ?
No, and no one. We could have gone after wood but he went to the rockets. No good way to replace Rudy at this point.

Yes, but not at the level or the minutes Gobert provides. If we lose Rudy, we take a step back no matter what. Our path to the playoffs gets harder.

However, I think Favors is a key matchup asset in the playoffs. I think he guards guys like Jokic and AD as good or maybe even better than Rudy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I went with: No, if he refuses to sign, we need to trade him before the deadline
I don't want to lose Rudy for nothing. If he doesn't sign what the front office is willing to pay him we need to get some assets and not let him walk.

He doesn’t need offensive moves. He’s invaluable to the offense with his rim pressure and screening. He’s worth every cent of whatever he gets
I think it makes a difference between being a max and super max player.

As I said though, I'm not going to lose any sleep if he does get the super.

"we" lmao
"We," in a manner of speaking. Of course it's understood we mean the Jazz. Another way to look at it ... how much money does someone need? We're talking in the hundred million dollar range. Karl or John never made near that much money. Talking about oligarchs. And Rudy is certainly an all-NBA player, but a lot of the guys on the board probably can shoot better than he can. You don't give a super-max to someone who is so one-dimensional.