What's new

Post Lineups you are hyped for.

Bawse Dawg

We are so close. I’ve never been so excited for a season (knowing my history of sports fandom this is a sign to run screaming into the hills, but **** that negativity).

Let’s kill some time. Post a couple lineups that you think would work really well together. Or just that you’d like to see. Posting the starters or starters with one change or something will be called ‘lame’ but go for it if you’d like.

We can check back through the season to see who is smart.

Mitchell
Allen
Exum
Ingles
Gobert

I honestly can’t really think of a scenario where this happens. But I’d just be so curious. No Rubio level ball handler, but four dudes who can do something with it. Gobert in the paint, shooters to space the floor, fast pace. Idk, probably wouldn’t work that well, but who cares, this is just for fun. It’d have to be against small ball team for so Ingles can be effective on D.

Rubio
Mitchell
Exum
Niang
Gobert

More likely we’d see this with Crowder, but I’m high on Niang this year. I think this could be pretty devastating. Exum and Ingles could be swapped out depending on the situation.

Mitchell
Royce
Exum
Favors
Gobert

Try to score against this.

I could go on and on. I love the team from the stars to the bench. Crowder is the only player I’m iffy on. I think he means well and says good things. But either he doesn’t fully buy into the offense, or he just can’t help himself in game. Hope he plays tough and smart this year.

I’m much more interested to see other people’s ideas. Please put more thought into them than I did.

Mitchell
Allen (or Burks)
Exum
Niang
Favors

Every player is a threat from deep (if favors three is for real this year)

And the defense should be decent as well

Mitchell
Allen (or Burks)
Exum
Niang
Favors

Every player is a threat from deep (if favors three is for real this year)

And the defense should be decent as well
I like it about as much as I can like a non-Gobert lineup.

Honestly any lineup with Mitchell and Exum together gets me rock hard. I want them to run all over teams.

Football style:

On one end of the floor...

Exum
O’Neale
Mitchell
Thabo
Udoh
Gobert

The other end...

Rubio
Mitchell
Ingles
Niang
Crowder
Gobert

Mitchell
Allen
Exum
Ingles
Gobert

which is what you have also ;)

Replace Ingles with Favors and all 5 can finish alley oops, lobs lobs and more lobs

Well, I guess I'm lame because I'm going to list starters, but move Ingles to the 4 and Favors at the 5 and three guards. My only fear is Dante isn't big enough to guard the 3. I think that lineup would create a lot of offense.

Favors
Ingles
Exum
Mitchell
Allen

Reading back through all the posts, I think a lot of us want to see a 3-guard lineup with Exum, Mitchell and Allen.

Our starters.

Rubio
Mitchell
Ingles
Favors
Gobert

I think they finish the year with best 5 player +/- in the league, and I’m excited to see how Favors fits in with perhaps a slightly budding ability to stretch the floor, Rubio crushing it for an entire year, and simply little ways that they each improve, and when on the court, become absolutely ****ing feared on both ends.

Prediction. We go to the WCF and win a game vs the Dubs, and lose one by less than 4, and another by less than 7.

Then we make and win the Finals in 2020 vs the Celts, crushing Benedict in the process.

Rudy
D-Faves
Joe
Spida
Allen

Trade anyone else for a more athletic 3 and drag joe to bench so he can dominate second units until he is 45.