What's new

Praise for Mudiay

NAOS

He has made serious progress since the beginning of the season. Forcing less, getting to better spots, improved passing, better and quicker decisions, seems to be in a good defensive stance and is committed on that end, etc. I really respect how Q has put him in a place where he can learn what he needs to, but still be left with the best parts of his game.

If this trajectory continues, then he’ll be legit help in the playoffs. It feels like it’s been a while since I cringed when he was handling the ball.

Anyone want to guess if his performance continues on if he will want to remain with Utah and if Utah can afford his newly justified contract??

Offensively Mudiay is just so bland. I don't trust any shot outside of 17' for him. He's got like one go-to move that's pretty tasty in that 12-15' range, but other than it feels like he only scores in transition.

Right now I just feel like if those mid-range shots arent falling he suddenly becomes pretty bad. He really has to get out in transition to truly be a positive.

Mudiay is only playing 16mpg. When Conley comes back they'll combo him with Mitchell at the 1 and they'll play him even less.

My guess is Mudiay moves on and Jazz re acquire Neto to keep Rudy happy (who will be a UFA after next year.

I think it is fascinating watching his development with Quin's staff. He's stronger than most point guards and can get into the paint with his turn around jumper. I hope he develops his outside game, but he's playing a great role.

After the Clarkson trade, I had him tabbed as a trade chip. Has outplayed clarkson in the last two games so I’m reassessing. Wish Davis had some trade value.:rolleyes: