What's new

Pre-draft workouts

Jack Strop

It's begun. The first group of 6 worked out on Saturday.

G - Donte DiVincenzo
SF - Brian Bowen
PF - Wenyen Gabriel
G - Elijah Bryant - BYU
G - Devon Hall
PF - Jalen McDaniels

And another prospect has already worked out for Utah and a few other teams. Who is his idol?
Not Lebron, not Durant, not any other NBA superstar...this kid wants to be a regular Joe. Well, not ANY regular Joe, our Aussie Joe.

But according to a recent piece from The Athletic’s Michael Scotto, a certain intriguing prospect has already worked out for the Jazz. Said prospect is a soon-to-be 22-year-old from China by the name of Abudushalamu Abudurexiti (pronounced Ah-BOO-Doo-Shah-LAH-Moo Ah-BOO-Doo-Rex-EE-Tee).

Abudurexiti is a bit of a mystery prospect, but certainly has the potential and upside to be a steal in the second round. In addition to the Utah Jazz, it was reported that the six-foot-eight, 200-pound Chinese native also worked out for the Brooklyn Nets, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers, Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns, meaning he’s certainly drawing some interest around The Association.

And one tidbit about him that Jazz fans may particularly find intriguing is that when asked who he models his game after, he replied with an all too familiar name. Nope, not LeBron James or Kevin Durant as many NBA prospects may bring up. Instead, Abudurexiti claims to model his play style after the one, the only, the legend, Joe Ingles.

Here’s what he had to say about his Aussie role model:

“May not be the answer you’d expect, but I’ve been watching a lot of Joe Ingles the past few seasons. We are of a similar size and build, both very skilled and excellent shooters and passers for the position. Joe is a tough player with a high basketball IQ.”

I really like Elijah Bryant.
Personality/culture wise I think he fits this current jazz team well.

DD seems a nice pick in the second round but I’m lukewarm on him. He had great talent all around him and still only shot 36.5% and 40.1% from the college 3 the last two seasons.

I guess the flipside is his TS%, Reb%, ***%, TO%, and WS all improved last year despite a greater usage rate. And he’s 6’5” so not tiny. I’m curious what his wingspan and standing reach will be though. I assume not good but who knows.

Personally I think he’ll struggle to find playing time in the league and I’d pass but I also haven’t watched him enough.

Woohoo at getting Devon Hall in, think he's a rock solid player, can shoot/defend, would really like him in the 2nd. Pretty meh on Donte, not sure he does anything at a NBA level. 35% from NBA 3pt range this last season, not a good finisher at the rim, creation skills seem lacking, may have been the weakest defender in Nova's rotation. Meh.

EB (elijah bryant) last year: 18.2 points per game, 6.3 rebounds per game, 2.3 assists and shot 49.4% from the field, 41.5% from 3 (6 attempts per game), and 85% from the line (5 free throws per game).
Great attitude and personality. Seems the jazz always have injured point guards too.

EB (elijah bryant) last year: 18.2 points per game, 6.3 rebounds per game, 2.3 assists and shot 49.4% from the field, 41.5% from 3 (6 attempts per game), and 85% from the line (5 free throws per game).
Great attitude and personality. Seems the jazz always have injured point guards too.
Will have a nice career in Europe

Someone know if divincenzo can play defense? Is he a Pg or Sg? Can he play both?

Sent from my SM-A520F using JazzFanz mobile app

Based on my detailed analysis of watching him in the national championship game and then YouTube highlight videos... he had a block that turned into a wedgie and a two handed verticality block at the rim... so he is Kawhi Leonard basically.

If Michael Jordan, Kawhi Leonard, Thanos, and Adam Keefe has a baby it would like much like Donte.

Based on my detailed analysis of watching him in the national championship game and then YouTube highlight videos... he had a block that turned into a wedgie and a two handed verticality block at the rim... so he is Kawhi Leonard basically.

If Michael Jordan, Kawhi Leonard, Thanos, and Adam Keefe has a baby it would like much like Donte.
Pretty much this... he's like Jordan offensively, Kawhi defensively and Steph Curry shooting-wise...

For reals though I love Donte. Can play on or off ball. Seems to be athletic... at least he shows that athleticism in flashes. Can shoot off the dribble. He may be more Seth Curry than Steph Curry but I love his game, mindset, and fit in the future NBA. Dude is a gamer.... not the Gordon Hayward type.

I'd love to pick up a pick in the 30s and nab him. Can't see him going 21.

For reals though I love Donte. Can play on or off ball. Seems to be athletic... at least he shows that athleticism in flashes. Can shoot off the dribble. He may be more Seth Curry than Steph Curry but I love his game, mindset, and fit in the future NBA. Dude is a gamer.... not the Gordon Hayward type.

I'd love to pick up a pick in the 30s and nab him. Can't see him going 21.

Id like him more at 6'8 he looks small for a kid listed as 6'5, doesn't look that athletic either. Kid has got a great resume tho.