What's new

PTI gives Jazz fans an F

jeffronius

Anybody else watch PTI today? They gave the Jazz a B and a C for drafting Hayward, and an F to the Jazz fans for booing the pick.

Why do people keep saying Hayward is not a need? Korver is gone and this will most likely be AK's last year. We are probably looking at our starting SF after this season.

Why do people keep saying Hayward is not a need? Korver is gone and this will most likely be AK's last year. We are probably looking at our starting SF after this season.

Because we had a chance to get a true 5 and we balked to get a guy who doesn't play good defense or shoot well at 9.... Terrible pick. But I hear he will be bigger than canned soup in Utah.

A true 5? Aldrich? Weren't you the one terribly against that 24 hours ago?

If the Jazz had picked Aldrich, the bitching and whining here would, at best, only been marginally less.

Personally, I would have picked Henry, as I think he could have become the starting 2 and potential break out star, but I do not think there was a big left who was good enough who would have satisfied the Jazz's need. I like Patterson, but he duplicates what we have in Millsap. I'm not sure Aldrich wouldn't have been a good choice. All in all, I'd prefer selecting a good player who can contribute than a project or marginal big man who's upside in Pryzbilla (and adequate player but hardly the type to take the Jazz to the promised land).

Weren't these the same guys that bashed us for booing Fisher?

Why the hell does anyone here care what PTI thinks?

I think they want to put Hayward at the SG and play Miles at the SF. They might keep AK also.

Matthews is our 2 guard, meaning he is the player most capable of guarding other NBA 2 guards. I think ideally they want Hayward to be able to be the starting 3, and have Miles as the 3rd wing coming off the bench for scoring/energy boost.

Miles did seem to grow up a bit last year, but yeah, I expect Hayward would become a starter at the 3 and be more effective there. Especially defensively. I'm warming up to Jeremy Evans too; sounds like the 2nd coming of Dennis Rodman as far as BB skills go; could become our defensive stopper...