Quotes from around the league on Grayson Allen

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner

Cavs - Utah with the solid draft pick

Clips - All i want is for him to embrace his persona and go full heel. How great would it be for the NBA if this guy's ****in awesome and a super villain.

Celtics - Quick release, he's looking legit

Unk- Grayson’s got all the fundamentals you’d want out of a back up PG and maybe even a starter. Good 3, good lay up package, insane hustle and drive. Plus he’s ok the perfect system team for him. I’m super excited to see how he does in the NBA.

Nets- This guy is talented af idk why y’all surprised. Scrappy gym rat with a jumper

Celts- People hated him cuz he played for Duke but the kid has game. I wish he lasted until our pick because I have a feeling Danny would have taken him and I would have loved it. Dude’s a baller

Knicks- I think this kid will have an actual career. His BS took away from the fact that he has talent and has been Coach Ks guy for years now. I believe he'll still be in the league 10 years from now, he'll never make an all-star team, but he will be a very solid role player.

Lakersw- Jesus. They wrecked that team lmao. Was that an international pro-team? Not taking anything away from the kid's game but damn lmao. Also his jumper is wet.

Thunder- His release looks so quick. His shot is definitely going to translate well in the nba level. It’s scary how quick and how good his form is

Another shooter off the bench is a big plus for this team. Bench scoring was a weakness last season.

I KNOW IT NOW! Hayward is the poor man's Grayson.

finallyw e found a replace hayward
Replace who. Replace the soft guy with a riot inciter? I don't see a comparison. Whiny gets pushed around, compared to doesn't take **** from anybody and gets under the skin of his victim...err opponent.

Replace who. Replace the soft guy with a riot inciter? I don't see a comparison. Whiny gets pushed around, compared to doesn't take **** from anybody and gets under the skin of his victim...err opponent.
Any chance he trips Hayward on November 9?

The question is what can we get for burks? because we are deep at the guard spot. I don't want to see him walk in the off season for nothing.

Probably a second round draft pick. If we took back salary, which the Jazz won't want to do, potentially could snag a lower first round pick. Burks doesn't really have value around the league.

Probably a second round draft pick. If we took back salary, which the Jazz won't want to do, potentially could snag a lower first round pick. Burks doesn't really have value around the league.
Very doubtful anyone would give up a 1st...unless Jazz took back salary as you said. Even then, there just aren't very many teams needing cap space AND having a decent player we'd want that would be on the trading block.

If people around here are hoping Jazz will land some top tier FA, they're going to be very disappointed. Jazz coaches and FO like Rubio; they like Favors. And FA's aren't banging down the door trying to arrange a deal with the Jazz or demanding a trade to Utah. Burks could very well be the Jazz's big FA acquisition after Utah extends or re-signs Rubio and picks up the option on Favors. And that may be a good thing. Derrick could have his best season to date now that he's trimmed down and healthy. Ricky is a top-tier defender and has shown he can shoot. Jazz are likely going to employ some 3-guard lineups. Just one pre-season game against a vastly inferior team, but Burks showed he can contribute within the offense. I hope he gets some playing time.

Burks doesn't really have value around the league.

I disagree with this assessment. Burks has more value now than maybe ever before. With his expiring contract, he is a risk worth taking for a team who needs scoring off the bench. If he works, great. If he doesn't, he's gone after the year.

If Burks plays well at the beginning of the season, I could see a contender sending a worthless expiring player and a heavily protected 1st for Burks before the deadline (we would consider this depending on team health and Grayson's development). If we were to take back a bad contract, he definitely could be worth a lottery protected 1st (we don't do this of course). We could also see offers of a lottery protected 1st, a small expiring and a smaller multi year contract which isn't too bad financially (we might consider this).

I don't see us dealing Burks this year unless he plays really well at the beginning of the season. If all 5 of our guard options play really well to start the year, I could see us cashing in on Burks to get some value to avoid any issues with playing time as we get closer to the playoffs. Exum and Grayson are a part of our long term core more than Burks.

Burks looks ready to play. Could have a nice bench role with us, or more likely have decent trade value.

The question is what do we want for him? We dont really need anything he could bring back.

Burks looks ready to play. Could have a nice bench role with us, or more likely have decent trade value.

The question is what do we want for him? We dont really need anything he could bring back.

Correct - all the more reason to hold onto him for now and she was transpires around the trade deadline. My guess is his offense will be a need for a lot of bubble teams trying to make the playoffs.

Those talking about his release get it- it's his greatest strength and his best chance at being a good nba player. That was the one thing other than his passing/unselfishness that always stood out at Duke. Dude could get that jump shot off anytime.