What's new

Quotes from Blazers' forums-"They are beating us up and taking our lunch money"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
https://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/...-to-end-3-game-win-streak-rapid-reaction.html

https://www.facebook.com/trailblazers/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/blazers?lang=en

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1781645

https://www.blazersedge.com/2018/12...zz-dismantle-blazers-enjoy-120-90-blowout-win

https://www.blazersedge.com/2018/12/21/18151234/gameday-thread-jazz-at-blazers

http://www.sportstwo.com/threads/game-32-jazz-blazers-december-21-2018-friday-7-00-pm-nbcsnw.339314/

Another big game. Well, every game against the West is huge because playoff seeding at season's end may come down to various tiebreakers, so the Blazers must come out prepared and play their butts off. Both teams are 5-5 in their last 10 games.
The Jazz may be in 12th place in the West, but because the Conference is so tight, they are better than they appear and still in the thick of the playoff race. They were the 5th seed last year and their roster hasn't changed much, so we know they have enough talent.
So the Blazers better not look at the standings and overlook these guys. Utah just beat the Warriors, so they will be coming in this game with confidence.
Meanwhile, the Blazers have won 3 straight (and 4 home games in a row), so they should be playing with a pep in their step.
I expect this game to be a dog fight.

McCollum doesn’t recycle? Them’s fightin words

Just watched the Warriors @ Jazz game...... Utah is clicking. They fly all over the place on defense. I had forgot they acquired Korver.

How many annoying players can one squad have? Rubio, Ingles, Hobert, I’m already dizzy

Ingles is awesome! I love that such a regular looking dude is so effective.

If we lose this game, I'm going to pimp-slap a Goodwill Santa.

Finally.....a healthy team. This will be a good test for us. I hope we step up.

keep the ball out of Ingles and Korvers hand please.

who is going to handle gobert better…Meyers or Nurk?

If Jingling Joe's spotting up from Germantown Rd., you can't just close out to the St. Johns Bridge, you guys.

Could be worse. Utah won't continue to shoot this well.

Korver can really shoot a basketball...

Lucky this isn't worse than 12 points. Crowder has been fouled on 3 of his made '3's and hasn't got a call. Zach completely ran him over on one.

Jazz will eventually cool down from '3' but there is no excuse for an uncontested dunk with no one within 10' in a half court set.

Jesus Zach GUARD SOMEONE!

36ers game is starting, JIngles will be disappointed he can’t watch it live.

Dame had really good half on both ends 14 points on offense 3 steals on defense. Turner 8 points for the bench. The difference the 2nd unit wasn't good on defense but I give Utah credit they do move the ball for good shots.

Jeez. We can't even slow them down.

Ingles, Blazer killer. One of many.

Should be a tough game, Utah is desperate for wins after having a tough schedule team is a lot better than their record indicates.

If anyone is at the arena and you notice an "aroma"...it's not me. It's CJ's shooting.

Gotta hand it to the Jazz and Snyder...their system of multiple high screens and cuts is pretty great. Of course, it helps when you have an actual distributing PG like Rubio.

Blazers gonna keep letting teams shoot above 40% from 3pt and expect to have any kind of chance?

The Blazers are 10-7 when I'm drinking, its a real,who dun it out here people.

Korver is a blazer killer on the 3pt line

Gobert is a giant moving screen.

Crowder and Korver. More Blazer killers

EXUM? BARELY EVEN KNEW 'EM

This is frakking absurd.
They’re shooting like GSW.

8-11 from 3...are we just this bad of a 3pt defense????

Jazz looking really sharp tonight.

Exum destroyed Curry right there

Sefolosha stands there waiting to see if someone will come guard him

Keeps waiting. Nobody moves. Takes the wide, wide open 3 point shot.

Ricky freaking Rubio is murdering us from the 3 point line lol

Joe ingles has no business being this good at basketball

Ingles is tearing apart the Blazers' D all night long

as usual…

That may have been the worst possession i've ever seen Dame have. Missed Dunk, Missed 3, pass to the bench...

The Jazz ball movement is so much quicker than the Blazers. They just had 4 passes in about two seconds. The Blazers come down and just dribble a lot until Dame hits a wide open Nurk.....on the bench.

They are beating us up and taking our lunch money.

Which sucks because I wanted a capri sun

Utah put their foot down in the third quarter, they must know that Trailblazer games are decided by three quarter time.

We can match their starters, but their bench is just too consistent for us.

Ingles getting under Zach's skin.

Ingles calling Collins little boy

Good, timely timeout there, Coach. Well done. ****ing moron.

Dicked by Ingles lol goodnight

Zach falling for the trap of letting JIngles get into his head, just ignore him Zach.

Right. Don't be Ingles bitch

And Rubio puts the game away.

Why didn't we trade for Korver

Niang....like almost every other Jazz tonight, gets a wide-open '3' and drains it.

Their third stringers even beat our third stringers.

Jazz have played 6 more road games than the Blazers. What's going to happen if they get in this type of rhythm and start playing at home?

Good grief, Rubio should play Powerball right after the game

It’s his night

Give the blazers two mins alone on the court
And they might have this

I can't find a silver lining....
…it’s a turd tornado.
Clean it up, move on is about all you can do.

Utah's deep bench even playing unselfish garbage time basketball

wtf, does the refs know this isn't the jazz's home court?

these refs are *** cancer

So they're just gonna hit every 3 tonight I guess.

Quick question, what the **** are we doing out there guys

ingles looks like a 14 year old and a 54 year old meth head photoshopped together into one.

I love watching refs ref. It’s why I watch basketball. Like honestly **** defense and **** aggressive plays.

we are loosing a shooting contest to ricky "actually tbagged" rubio...

Aminu is ******** the bed.

Nurk...dont be shooting midrangers. Go bully Gobert the **** out of the way.

Nothing like CJ dribbling for 17 seconds and then completely missing the rim. I like the guy but some of his possessions are so frustrating.

This team is so incredibly mentally weak.

I came to join in the sea of negativity.

seth you ***** *** bitch shoot the ****ing ball oh my god you *************

Collins is going to get a Tech jawing with Ingles, isn't he

I hate to say it but he got jingled

**** Ingles

hey kyle korver,

**** you

rubio cant miss

From 12 to 25 in less than 3 minutes.

Damn Korver and Rubio look like Steph and Klay tonight.

Utah looking like the Globetrotters right now.

How can other teams just acquire players that immediately help them? The Jazz get Korver, what the **** do the Blazers get? Two undersized guards that essentially work as a direct copy of our starting backcourt? Its ****ing astounding.

I’m not at the game, so I’ll boo from here.

Boooooo

Blazers get a little momentum going into the fourth...bench starts the fourth and immediately craps the bed over and over again.

Aminu 1-10 and counting. Coach, please take your nephew out, and put Stauskas in.

This second half energy is awful. We're getting run out of our own gym. This crowd needs to help out a little bit. Go Blazers

what a ****ing embarrassment!

49-55 at the half finishing with a 10-2 run? That means we were getting killed by 14 before that point.

RIP city get ripped lol

Lost by 30......at home? Good God.

If I’d been there I would ask for my money back. Pathetic

I would of loved to see Lillard pass to a teammate who wasn't even in the game! Classic Blazers.....

Embarrassing enough Blazers?? Getting slaughtered with no fight at all. How pathetic.

What a complete joke and embarrassment. Please start by showing Olshey the door back to LA.

No bueno guys keep on hustling and make on the fly plays.

Okay okay i get losing it sucks tonight Portland looked well awful tonight and for the most part most of this season. I can forgive them Heck I'll forgive you for the season so far but for the love of god can you please score 100 /: we are getting screwed out of our free nuggets come on dame help us out

Worst home loss in 14 years!

This is embarrassing that fans continue to not get any nuggets. All of us should have nuggets and not have to complain about the lack thereof. The regular source of free nuggets is necessary sustenance for the city of Portland during a holiday season where many of us are strapped for cash. This is almost to the point of a famine.

for the love of god can you please score 100 /: we are getting screwed out of our free nuggets come on dame help us out

Well that was poop.

Looks like Utah can score with Jazz hands.

Korver was insane. I think he missed only one 3pt shot in the game. And Rubio just took over the 3rd quarter. I also noticed if Blazers trail by 12 or more they somehow lose almost every game. That's not what quality teams do. They need to start overcoming those leads to win games like this.

we have too much talent to lose like this.. something has to be done...

Donovan Mitchell shoots 1 for 10 and scores 3 points, but the Jazz still win by 30 on Portland’s home court?? The Blazers should be ashamed of themselves.

This game got really ugly, really fast in the second half.

This game got really ugly, really fast in the second half.

Blazers were healthy, rested, and at home. They have no excuse.

Zach did get run - right out of the building by Joe ****ing Ingles. Humiliating.

I almost left early (which I almost never do); getting smoked by Jingles was gross . . .

So just to confirm....
1) We suck against teams with good Defense
2) We suck against fast teams with length
Swell. Just brilliant. What a great 1990s-era basketball team Neil has built here....

I really don't like seeing the @trailblazers lose. The @utahjazz played a good game tonight and the #Blazers did not. It was made much less pleasant by all the lying and cheating by the referees. They are responsible for at least 14 points of that loss. @NBA, you need to clean up

that was a solid butt-kicking

CJ, Aminu, & Collins go 8-33....24%...yikes! CJ's selfishness is growing

apparently, the last time Portland lost by 30 at home was 2004

Are you a player or team in the midst of a season long shooting slump? The Blazers can help! Right this way, follow our red carpet out to the three point arc. We promise no one will bother you out there.

The only team that can make Ricky Rubio look like a real boy

Donovan Mitchell only scored 3 points and we still lost by 30. RELEASE THE HOT TAKE HOUNDS!!!

that what makes it worse Donovan had his worst game of the season and we STILL got destroyed. No way should 2 am visit to the 7/11 homeless jesus and ashton kutcher should've destroyed us like that.

My eyes, they ****ing hurt.

The thing about this team that gets to me is the lack of **** you. Joe Ingles was talking hella **** the whole game and no one even gave him a hard foul. Idk. You are getting embarrassed, at least let them know you're there. Get a tech, hard foul or something.

I agree with your overall point, but I don't think a hard foul is the answer. Trash talk is part of the game and reacting like that is pretty much exactly what Ingles wants. It's baiting you into doing something stupid that hurts your team.

I know, but there is a lack of edge on this team. If you do what Joe Ingles or whoever does first then we don't have this problem. Then it is the other team reacting and not you.

Give up as many wide open 3s as possible. Great plan

Wash twice

Because there’s going to be some extra stank caused by this effort

Next time you feel the need to give Utah a Holiday gift, try prepaid gift cards, because gifting them a win on the Blazers home court can’t be returned.
I was afraid this would be a tough game, I thought it was one they could lose, but I wouldn’t of predicted such a horrible loss.

I thought it was going to be an easy game for the Blazers.
Instead the Blazers got took to the wood shed.

I would of gone Dragnet…
That is- "The Names Have Been Changed to Protect the Mediocre and Unmotivated".

I had to single this quote out. The Blazers' fans get free chicken nuggets if they score more than 100. I know our crowd goes crazy in Q4 for miss it for chicken, but this guy goes all out.

This is embarrassing that fans continue to not get any nuggets. All of us should have nuggets and not have to complain about the lack thereof. The regular source of free nuggets is necessary sustenance for the city of Portland during a holiday season where many of us are strapped for cash. This is almost to the point of
a famine.

I had to single this quote out. The Blazers' fans get free chicken nuggets if they score more than 100. I know our crowd goes crazy in Q4 for miss it for chicken, but this guy goes all out.

This is embarrassing that fans continue to not get any nuggets. All of us should have nuggets and not have to complain about the lack thereof. The regular source of free nuggets is necessary sustenance for the city of Portland during a holiday season where many of us are strapped for cash. This is almost to the point of
a famine.
Where are the nuggets from? Are they tofu?

MC 900 ft Jesus:

7/11 Homeless Jesus:

1540028271_maxresdefault.jpg

MC 900 ft Jesus:

7/11 Homeless Jesus:

1540028271_maxresdefault.jpg

Actually, the lyrics to the MC 900 ft Jesus song actually describe pretty well a normal night for 2 am 7/11 Homeless Jesus.

a famine.
Their last game they were beating the Grizzlies 99-92, and Leonard just held the ball. There was a guy on the front row right next to him motioning for him to shoot, but he just held onto the ball. They had an interview with him where he had to address that during the game on the Blazers feed.

I get being excited about the 100 points, but to the guy on the front row... You can't afford 3 bucks for nuggets? You are on the front row of an NBA game.

Did anyone see the signs the jazz fans in the audience were holding? I only saw 2 but if you know Portland at all they were hilarious. One was mentioned in the quotes here.

"McCollum doesn't recycle"

And another was

"Lillard drinks Folgers"

There were 2 other but I didn't see them. Did anyone else catch what the other signs said?